Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:37:59 PM EDT
A friend of mine recently bought a Colt Wildey Survivor pistol.  We are having trouble finding out what it is worth.  I understand they were supposed to make 100 of them but only ended up making 20?  Anybody have any kind of additional info on it?

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
how much did he pay?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice gun I want
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the bronson gun isn't it  
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The last Wildey I saw sold for around $2500, used. With the second barrel and the limited Colt status it wouldn't  surprise my if its somewhere north of $4000, maybe quite a bit more. But it's a limited market and finding the right buyer is the key, if he was to sell it.

On a side note, when you shoot one you have to be careful to hold the trigger back under recoil, it's easy to touch off a second if you're not. The grip is so large it can be hard to hand on to.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
He got it cheap enough he could easily make money on it if that is what he decides to do.  The problem is we are having a hard time finding any info on how many were made, whether or not they were made in different calibers, or an approximate value.  
Without the Colt logo I agree it is worth about $2500 from what I can find.  With the logo?  Anybody know if they made the full 100?
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
you can contact wildley they can tell you
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you can contact wildley they can tell you
View Quote

What I saw said they ceased operations about 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I just saw this post and signed up.

I have some information on the Colt Wildey's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
The folks at Coltforum could probably help you. Nice pistola by the way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew Wil Moore and did business with him for several years. I have several of his pistols and would be interested in this one if he chooses to sell. I've lost touch with Wil since a while after his health issues. Not sure of his current status. I always enjoyed meeting with him. He's quite a part of firearms history.
View Quote

I emailed 25 06 and I purchased the Colt/Wildey from the owner Thursday.

Wildey is going back into production as we speak.  Ammo is ready now and some parts are available.  Guns are supposed to be available by Christmas. They will start with the 475's and bring the other calibers out later.  Their website is being updated and the phone number now works.

Wildey Moore is involved and has a group of Wildey Gun enthusiasts backing him.  I wish them success.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I actually just got a pair of wildey frames in my shop. Holly shit they are huge! They don't even have grips and can barely get my hands around them!!

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top