Any on dealer shelves anywhere?

Thanks for any leads.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:59:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've bought a couple from Gunbroker lately. The one I got direct from a dealer last Fall, he took in trade that day. That's about it.
View Quote

Thanks B-A-D-guns.
I browsed Gunbroker and GunsAmerica earlier.
Might have to make some calls.

Read somewhere Colt make 200/month of all SAA variations.  So they are out there.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a Colt distributor.  They don't ship very many at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
They are like impossible to find. Here is a reference for pricing. This is colt's 2015 msrp price list for Colt SAA's. Anything more than that and you're getting ripped off. I would see if you can somehow contact some colt distributors and see if you can get on some sort of notification list when they come in.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
there is a dealer local to me   that seems to always have them
he advertises/sells on gb some - probably listed in their FFL list
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat. I would like to find a 5.5" barrel 45.Colt SAA without the engraving or other bullshit but they just don't seem to be out their where I shop
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#8]
The Gun Library located inside the Cabela's in Glendale AZ has about 30 New Colt SAA pistols in stock.No cylinder marks on any,customers are not allowed to cock hammer or turn cylinders.
The have Blued and stainless models,some engraved models,and from 3",4.75",5.5",7" models.
Any gun from any Cabela's can be shipped to any Cabelas within the US for $25.00 with no obligation to purchase,ive bought a few and have declined a few.The $25 is not refundable,but if a pistol is purchased,$25 is applied to the purchase price.None of the SAA pistols currently stocked are listed on the Cabelas Gun library website,but they do have a bunch.
So give the Glendale Cabela's Gun Library a call for the nice Colt SAA revolver.623-872-6717
Also,Cabela's does have a layaway program and also takes trade in's,this has helped me score some serious toys.

Lucky for me,i live down the street and it's become a great place to kill time and find great deals,cause they do come up !
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Gun Library located inside the Cabela's in Glendale AZ has about 30 New Colt SAA pistols in stock.No cylinder marks on any,customers are not allowed to cock hammer or turn cylinders.
The have Blued and stainless models,some engraved models,and from 3",4.75",5.5",7" models.
Any gun from any Cabela's can be shipped to any Cabelas within the US for $25.00 with no obligation to purchase,ive bought a few and have declined a few.The $25 is not refundable,but if a pistol is purchased,$25 is applied to the purchase price.None of the SAA pistols currently stocked are listed on the Cabelas Gun library website,but they do have a bunch.
So give the Glendale Cabela's Gun Library a call for the nice Colt SAA revolver.623-872-6717
Also,Cabela's does have a layaway program and also takes trade in's,this has helped me score some serious toys.

Lucky for me,i live down the street and it's become a great place to kill time and find great deals,cause they do come up !
View Quote

Thanks for this tip
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Haven't seen a live one in a gun shop in years
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

My God.
The motherlode of SAA revolvers.
I'll call later today.  Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I was looking at those last Saturday.  I noted that most of them were flat-tops with adjustable sights.  Not a real P-model in my book.  They were mostly second gen, as flat-tops are second gen pistols.  Most were in .45 Long Colt's calibler.

Some guy came in and sold them the dregs of his collection -- guns that are not desirable to shooters or collectors (that doesn't leave much demand).

None seemed very desirable to me.  There was a Sheriff's model or two among them, though.  But, they all had the (typical) unreasonable Cabela's pricing attached.  So, I wouldn't bust my pick getting over there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm mulling over the custom shop options and I think I'm going that rout. I'm looking for an all blued SAA in .45 colt with a spare .45 acp cylender. 2 line address and 45 colt markings along with a bullseye ejector head , beveled cylenders and factory ivory grips. Ahhh I just don't like the idea of waiting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Colt ships very few of them.

I work in a LGS and we have a few, I just sold a 7.5 Nickel chambered in 32-20 yesterday. That was the only Nickel I've seen in a long while. The rest are P Model 5.5 or 7.5 CC/BL.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, I was looking at those last Saturday.  I noted that most of them were flat-tops with adjustable sights.  Not a real P-model in my book.  They were mostly second gen, as flat-tops are second gen pistols.  Most were in .45 Long Colt's calibler.

Some guy came in and sold them the dregs of his collection -- guns that are not desirable to shooters or collectors (that doesn't leave much demand).

None seemed very desirable to me.  There was a Sheriff's model or two among them, though.  But, they all had the (typical) unreasonable Cabela's pricing attached.  So, I wouldn't bust my pick getting over there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting,i stopped again at Cabelas and counted 16  "P" model  Colt SAA revolvers,counted 5 Flat top SAA revolvers.....and they were not by any deffinition "Dregs".
All in mint condition...price on majority of them was $1999......little higher than norm.......least they are available here cause not many other places have any...
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top