Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/12/2015 10:27:46 PM EDT
I have always liked the Colt royal bluing on the custom shop revolvers like the Python, and just saw they made some 1911's in the same finish.  I guess I missed out on some custom runs they have made.  does anyone know of something like this that is currently available?

thanks.

the pistol I am talking about

Colt Talo Royal Government

eta - I saw a target model on gunbroker for 3k... but that is a bit more than I was hoping to pay. (and about double the original price)
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a beautiful sidearm.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a beautiful sidearm.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Ford Gunsmithing had the contract to do the hot blue on the Colt run of 1911 reproductions. You might check with them on getting a pistol blued.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  I'll check them out!

Quoted:
I believe Ford Gunsmithing had the contract to do the hot blue on the Colt run of 1911 reproductions. You might check with them on getting a pistol blued.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked it until I saw the jeweled hammer. Gag!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
+1

The finish does look beautiful
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. The stocks also are a little ostentatious for my tastes.  The roll mark on the slide is very tasteful and makes up for the "jeweled" hammer and the stocks
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#8]
My local store had one and it was a beautiful gun...I really wish I could have bought it, but it was actually just too pretty.  I'd feel bad just taking it out and shooting it
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
You do know the Colt custom shop will refinish it in that finish for you right?
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top