Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:28:45 AM EDT
Anybody have an idea what their turn around time is?

Brand new unfired stainless XSE commander lightweight, got it as a new carry piece. Carried it one day and had to go back to the G19. The grip safety is very sloppy fitted and has a ton of rattle, none of my other Colts have shared this issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You carried it without breaking it in?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It was already broken.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. I carried it for a day. I work in a gun shop, with my ready to rock Daniel MK18 beside me all day.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It was already broken.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was already broken.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes. I carried it for a day. I work in a gun shop, with my ready to rock Daniel MK18 beside me all day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a technical thread.  Tread lightly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a new commander a few years ago that was very hard to work the slide release. It came with 2 mags but would not accept other colt mags. If I recall correctly it was gone about 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bought a new commander a few years ago that was very hard to work the slide release. It came with 2 mags but would not accept other colt mags. If I recall correctly it was gone about 3 weeks.
View Quote

Thanks for your answer. I would be cool with 3 weeks, 3 months not so much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not even sure they will fix that for you. Might say its in spec.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a letter in the mail from them confirming they will be doing repairs, and that I can expect it back in 30ish days. So I guess we will see!
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Pistol arrived today, it seems like they tightened it up a little. Included a note that said "Tightened up somewhat, grip safety is a drop in".
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 2:23:43 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, ditch the OEM grip safety and get a Wilson drop-in for your XSE Commander.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, ditch the OEM grip safety and get a Wilson drop-in for your XSE Commander.
View Quote

This

I bought the Wilson drop-in for My LW Commander when it came out in the late 1990's.
Still working fine today.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
i sent my colt defender in 5 times. The shortest trip was 2 months the longest was 4
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#15]
The slide release has kept me from buying a new colt. I handled 2 different ones at two different times, and the second time I realized that the slide release just has a really strong spring. I bought a Kimber because it felt tighter overall and the slide release was smooth - I really want a Commander though, and a strong spring will not stop me. Its not a problem in actual use how you actuate the release while using it, but I'm sure I looked like a dumbass the first time I was in a gun shop fiddling with the release.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
The issues related here are so simple to rectify that I am surprised someone would send em' in for warranty work.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The slide release/slide stop does not have a spring.

It is activated by the magazine spring/follower or by the operator when there is no mag inserted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The slide release has kept me from buying a new colt. I handled 2 different ones at two different times, and the second time I realized that the slide release just has a really strong spring. I bought a Kimber because it felt tighter overall and the slide release was smooth - I really want a Commander though, and a strong spring will not stop me. Its not a problem in actual use how you actuate the release while using it, but I'm sure I looked like a dumbass the first time I was in a gun shop fiddling with the release.

The slide release/slide stop does not have a spring.

It is activated by the magazine spring/follower or by the operator when there is no mag inserted.

The slide release/lock bears against the plunger, which has an easily tweaked spring.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
My Colt rail gun had a rattling grip safety right out of the box. I tweaked the appropriate leaf on the spring and reassembled. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My Colt rail gun had a rattling grip safety right out of the box. I tweaked the appropriate leaf on the spring and reassembled. Problem solved.
View Quote

That's cool, I dont know the inner workings of a 1911 so I just figured the best course of action was to let the manufacturer take care of the problem.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Op, I would have sent it back too. Although I can work on the 1911 platform myself, you shouldn't have to on a new gun, especially at $800 plus dollars.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to buy a new car one time, but the driver's side floormat was sitting a little bit crooked, so I didn't buy it.  
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top