User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/21/2015 10:11:35 PM EDT
Saw this on the Facebook leaked from Shot

No details other than the pic

Link
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the quality Colt produces, but they will never get out of debt making Repros forever. Where is the innovation?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a 9mm?

Because it should be a 9mm.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I just drooled on my keyboard..........

Dear Colt, offer a new-production .380 Government! PRETTY PLEASE!!!

ETA: That new-production 1903 needs more Novak sights:

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a 9mm?

View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know MSRP?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If Colt makes it in 9MM with dovetailed sights and a 1911 mag release, it would be a great CCW pistol.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd start carrying righty if I could get ahold of one of those pistols.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just drooled on my keyboard..........

Dear Colt, offer a new-production .380 Government! PRETTY PLEASE!!!

ETA: That new-production 1903 needs more Novak sights:

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/573/8619148/novak-27.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
View Quote

NO.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd start carrying righty if I could get ahold of one of those pistols.
View Quote

Same here. Whats the MSRP?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I agree.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a 9mm?

I agree.

9mm in pre-war blue please.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Gorgeous!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it a 9mm?

I agree.

I would KILL to have one in nine millie.  I have my grandfather's carry piece in .32 and was able to pick up a .380 years ago... a nine would actually be something I'd want to carry!  It's not in the cards, but it'd be soooo cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you, Colt.  Finally.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
screw that.  I want one in 32ACP

DESPERATELY

A little more here
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I do hope they go into regular production.  I want one.  I gotta wonder if  I'll ever see one in California.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#19]
That's cool.

I see a lot of those down in Mexico.  They still run fine but most need new mag springs after a hundred years.  I wouldn't try to modernize much of anything on 'em.  They work.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a 9mm?

I agree.
+1

I have ten thumbs for fingers.  I can't deal with tiny .380

That is a sexy pistola.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I have just started saving up for one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a 9mm?

I agree.

That blueing is damn sexy. Grandpa was right to get one:

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Hopefully Colt will make them look like this.

" />
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess I don't get it.
There are huge numbers of old ones in 32acp and 380acp, out there in circulation now.
I love the originals.  They are fun guns to shoot, and were ahead of their time, when released; but...
How about something like a new revolver that competes with the GP100 and 686, an allow framed six shot revolver for ccw holders,  like the old Agent,
or better yet, a reliable, double stack polymer framed pistol, to compete in the modern marketplace, with the potential for police and military contracts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd buy one of those in .380 or 9mm..........always wanted one
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess I don't get it.
There are huge numbers of old ones in 32acp and 380acp, out there in circulation now.
I love the originals.  They are fun guns to shoot, and were ahead of their time, when released; but...
How about something like a new revolver that competes with the GP100 and 686, an allow framed six shot revolver for ccw holders,  like the old Agent,
or better yet, a reliable, double stack polymer framed pistol, to compete in the modern marketplace, with the potential for police and military contracts.
View Quote

Never mind all that.  I want that new production 1908.

[insert TAKE MY MONEY! image here]

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I don't get it.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I don't get it.

Yes. This.

I will buy a new production 1908. Colt could bust into the small/concealable .380 market. I know they have the Mustang, but that's "pocket pistol" size. I don't want one THAT small. I'd jizz my pants if I could get my hands on a brand spanking new 1908.

9x19 would be nice, but they'd have to redesign it as a locked-breech. The 1903 and 1908 are not locked breech. Outwardly, the gun would be awesome for carry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Limited numbers according to that first link. Which means big bucks. I have been looking for a good shooter in .32 for a couple years. The right combo of condition and price has not yet come up, but it will.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

http://<a href=https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4105/4953231344_4c873825f6_b.jpg</a>" />
View Quote
Or this.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#31]
NICE
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://<a href=https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4105/4953231344_4c873825f6_b.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I'd buy a new one finished like that. I wouldn't buy a matte/parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Indeed!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the classic bluing with wood grips is so damn beautiful. If I were to find an older one, I'd honestly want to have it refinished so that it looked brand new. Screw 'patina'.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Straight blow back design.  9mm will never work.   Not sure I see the market for this.  A few for the nostalgia buffs and that's about it.  There are much better choices in a 380.  It's overly large for a 380 by modern standards.  The sights are  completely useless for anyone over the age of 40.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Straight blow back design.  9mm will never work.   Not sure I see the market for this.  A few for the nostalgia buffs and that's about it.  There are much better choices in a 380.  It's overly large for a 380 by modern standards.  The sights are  completely useless for anyone over the age of 40.
View Quote
9MM will never work ? You should see Bill Laughrides custom 1911 he made that looked like the 1903'S father. The 380 version can also shoot .32 with a barrel and mag swap. Unless you've ever held one, which seems like you haven't. You would retract your statement about it being too large. The 1903 is small, slim and conceable enough to fit in your front pocket without even being noticeable or printing.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#37]
These are 32's not 380's. There will be some in a parkerized finish, some in blue. The guns are exactly as the originals.  These are wonderful little guns.  More than likely limited production.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope that Colt doesn't spend all that time and effort to tool up for this and then NOT go into production.  Oh well........I may never see one here in Ca.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a hunch that the magazines will be in big demand too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:35:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it would have to be altered to a locked-breech design to work with cartridges more powerful than .380. Keep the outward configuration and the 'hammerless' design (that would best be described as 'snag free' in modern terms of importance) and the platform could handle it. It could be done, pretty easily, IMHO.

"better choices" really only refer to "pocket gun" sized .380s, like the Mustang and other very diminutive pistols. I had a Mustang. I don't want something THAT small. I did hold a model 1903 a couple months back. It's a good small size without being absolutely tiny. Good for IWB carry, but maybe not pocket carry. I don't want to carry a gun in my pocket anyway. I want it in a holster on my belt - be it inside or outside.

Colt needs to make new 1908s. I've never owned a Colt handgun. I will own a 1908. It's up to them if it's a new one (which gives them my money) or an old one I buy from a store or private seller.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I hope that Colt doesn't spend all that time and effort to tool up for this and then NOT go into production.  Oh well........I may never see one here in Ca.
View Quote

Colt isn`t making the guns. They`re being made under license by US Armament Corp. This is the company that made the replica of the Colt Gatling Gun. I saw an interview on the net with a company rep who was at SHOT. Basically he said there will be a limited run of about 3000 guns that will cost about 1300 each. Finishes will be parkerized, and 2 types of blue. He stated they had to reverse engineer the guns because  Colt no longer had the engineering drawings from the original production.

From the interview it seems they did a lot CADCAM, and CNC work. Hopefully it will make it easy to continue production if there is enough interest.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Colt isn`t making the guns. They`re being made under license by US Armament Corp. This is the company that made the replica of the Colt Gatling Gun. I saw an interview on the net with a company rep who was at SHOT. Basically he said there will be a limited run of about 3000 guns that will cost about 1300 each. Finishes will be parkerized, and 2 types of blue. He stated they had to reverse engineer the guns because  Colt no longer had the engineering drawings from the original production.

From the interview it seems they did a lot CADCAM, and CNC work. Hopefully it will make it easy to continue production if there is enough interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, I saw that interview and forgot that it was being farmed out.  I do hope there's plenty of interest.  Colt 'lost' or 'tossed' the drawings? Really?  With as anal as they are about their history and the staggering data on original productions of all their firearms, I'm skeptical. But hey.......who knows.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I am glad the "new" 1903 is being produced by US Armament.  The guys at US Armament are great at what they do, they are life long serious firearm enthusiasts, and they are great guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're right, I saw that interview and forgot that it was being farmed out.  I do hope there's plenty of interest.  Colt 'lost' or 'tossed' the drawings? Really?  With as anal as they are about their history and the staggering data on original productions of all their firearms, I'm skeptical. But hey.......who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was strange as well. IIRC, Colt still had the original contract and drawings, etc on the 1911 when they did those reproductions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll take a parkerized model please.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:06:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am glad the "new" 1903 is being produced by US Armament.  The guys at US Armament are great at what they do, they are life long serious firearm enthusiasts, and they are great guys.
View Quote

Yeah, they are...but it means this is going to be a very limited run. Better get 'em while they're hot.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:22:15 AM EDT
[#47]
+1 for the 1908
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#48]
$1300

You can find cherry original 1903/8's for less.

They made a absolute boatload of 1903's and good shooter grades can be found sub $400. I could see making repro 1908's as they are far less common and harder to find plus generally more expensive than a 03 esp in higher grades.

I'd be more interested in new mags.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:11:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
$1300

You can find cherry original 1903/8's for less.

They made a absolute boatload of 1903's and good shooter grades can be found sub $400. I could see making repro 1908's as they are far less common and harder to find plus generally more expensive than a 03 esp in higher grades.

I'd be more interested in new mags.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm starting to consider finding a 1903. I don't have anything in .32 and never have. If I were to get one, I'm not sure I'd carry it. I'd want to. If the 03 and 08 were available brand new for a good price, I'd get the 08, if not just to have a common cartridge with another handgun I already have.

I really do hope Colt puts them back into mass (or at least somewhat) production and sells them for a sane price.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#50]
for 1500 i can find a cherry one with papers and box in mint condition that price is insane

plus using reverse engineering is bad ju ju
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top