Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 11/6/2014 12:32:55 AM EDT
What are really good condition Colt Government Pocketlites worth? Pictured below? No box just guns and mags.

Thank you ahead of time for your thoughts!

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:29:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Very curious
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No ideas?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
In the condition shown...assuming they're in good working order...I'd expect you to find a buyer at $550 to maybe a bit over $600.  The Pachmayrs one the one are aftermarket, I assume, which would hurt the collector's value, and the other one looks to have a bit of finish wear.
Very nice ones may go a bit more, but not a lot more.  One recently sold for less than $700 on GB and it looked like new-in-box.
The stainless version (stainless slide, alloy frame) brings better money than the blued.

They're a good little pocket gun (I carry a stainless one when the weather is hot and my clothing is thin), but there are more modern, arguably better choices in lightweights for less money.  You'll also find few 'smiths who know how to work on them (see Cylinder & Slide), so it's not a base for much customization.
These are really most attractive to Colt collectors.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. Yeah they have just been sitting in my safe for a long time. No real use for them. The finish is pretty good for an old gun but not perfect. I agree they are only interesting to a collector or a colt guy. Really cool gun though. Probably a good choice for a pocket gun until lately. But then again I have carried the same 1911 everyday forever so I'm obviously not big into change

Again thanks.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top