Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/28/2014 9:24:55 PM EDT
I bought one back in 1999 as a house gun for the wife.  Over the last 15 years, it has sat, occasionally oiled, and returned to sit again as a last resort.  Maybe 50-60 rounds have ever been fired through it.

For some reason, last night I decided to look online to see what I find out, and Google had a link to GunBroker.  I saw some listed there.  Hmmm, what do they say?

THEY'RE PRICED AT WHAT???!!!

$2,600 to $4,700+, if it has papers!  And mine does!!!

I had no idea they were rare.  We have not used it because I have had Colt, Kimber, and Dan Wesson 1911s, and I am a 1911 freak.  It has not been a safe queen, it has simply not been used much, and cleaned when it was.

The possibilities for this revolver sort of stagger my imagination.  I reckon I will keep it.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
$5 final offer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost F O'D on one I saw on Gunbroker. Nice little revolver, packs a wallop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have come to the conclusion that I am going to start buying new production Colts if Colt makes someting that might come close to meeting the need.  No brand that I know of keeps it's value like a Colt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one around the same time for $350.  Used, no box or papers.  Glad I still have it, though it was more of an accident than a planned master stroke of investment genius.  

I was intrigued by a Colt stainless, .357mag, that was D-frame sized.  They had just stopped production, so I figured it was probably worth the $350, but I never thought they'd climb to what they have.

They're really nice guns actually.  Coil springs, similar to the King Cobra.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I always wanted one. Settled for a polished DS-II but it didn't really scratch the itch. It's gone now.

The DS II wasn't an original DS, it wasn't a Mag Carry and it was just to damn heavy to carry in my pocket.

I installed a hammer shroud, so if you ever come across a polished DS II with a shroud, or the screw holes for a shroud, it
Was probably mine :) lol, pretty sure I am the only asshole to to it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Only in production for one year, 1999.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top