Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2014 3:18:44 PM EDT
Does anyone know how many Colt produced?

I've tried Google and searching several different ways, including reading ads that people are posting them for sale, hoping that someone would put in "Colt only manufactured XXXXX of these, so get yours now!" or something like that.

Thanks.  No pictures yet, I still have to go pick it up from the FFL, which will probably be another week or two.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard around 7000 of them...
Not quite collector material...Sorry...
But Nice tho...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know how many they made but I got one. Had to send it in to get fixed before I could use it. It works fine now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't know how many they made but I got one. Had to send it in to get fixed before I could use it. It works fine now.
View Quote

Ahh- you do know that in the world of firearm collectables the fired gun is just another interesting Colt and not really a collectable anymore ?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. I guess I'm a shooter and not much of a collector.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
here this might hold you over until you get yours
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/DSC_0013_zpsbb1ff94e.jpg
View Quote

That is a fine looking pistol. Where  did you come up with those grips?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/lsheets65/DSC_0013_zpsbb1ff94e.jpg

I have a couple of sets of Elephant Ivory from Boone Trading company.....very easy to do business with and good people...here is a link to 1911 grips......Boone Trading
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
those grips look great on it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what was wrong with it?  Please share.

I'm also not a "collector" and will probably end up shooting mine as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
<<Snip>>
View Quote

Fine looking gun there.  A guy I work with wants to pick one up and do the exact same as well.  I had looked at the Cimmaron copies, but didn't like the safety on them, and decided I would rather go with the Colt.

I'm trying to decide if I want to change the grips out when I get it, or leave it stock, but the pics of yours really makes it tempting.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, finally picked up my Tier III edition, sorry, no pics yet.  It's NIB, but the question I have for other Tier III owners is:  Does your safety feel strange when you move it to the "safe" position?  Mine has a weird click that seems a little rough and isn't as "affirmative" as my other 1911's.

The safety functions fine, works when on, gun fires when off, it just seems the fitting could have been done just a little better between the plunger tube and the safety.

Anyone else notice this with theirs?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Okay, finally picked up my Tier III edition, sorry, no pics yet.  It's NIB, but the question I have for other Tier III owners is:  Does your safety feel strange when you move it to the "safe" position?  Mine has a weird click that seems a little rough and isn't as "affirmative" as my other 1911's.

The safety functions fine, works when on, gun fires when off, it just seems the fitting could have been done just a little better between the plunger tube and the safety.

Anyone else notice this with theirs?
View Quote

The spring is very tight on my thumb safety but functions fine.....the only other thing I noticed was in the ball cut area of the slide (see photo) for area..... I noticed what looked like the start of surface corrosion...it was just a film but it was orange...who knows could have been residual from bluing salts or something.....a shot of ballitstol and it came of on the rag....very hard to see in normal light but get it out in daylight and I could really see it......
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Everything on mine was sharp as fuck and generally rough.  Quite a piece of shit, but a nice frame, slide, and mainspring housing for a base gun though.  I'm always on the lookout for another one...

Check your plunger tube, it may be loose, or the detent end of the thumb safety could have a burr on it, or the safety plunger could have a burr.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top