Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2014 7:05:05 PM EDT
Picked up a mustang pocketlight to replace my mpa protector for carry for when I can't carry the full size or officers. It looked extremely well made but today at the range it performed better than it looked.   Accurate,  soft recoil even with "heavy" .380 ammo.  Colt did an amazing job with this pistol and made a great decision to bring it back.   I highly recommend it!
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you got the new one? I am (im)patiently waiting for them to bring back the .380 Government.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, the new one.  If they come out with the 380 gov I will be right behind you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I assume you got the new one? I am (im)patiently waiting for them to bring back the .380 Government.
View Quote

OP Thanks for the review.

I also agree with 2bsss.   The extra round of the .380 government gave the previous version a nice grip.  People overlook the fact that a gun that small does not have to be "pocketable" if it is thin enough and more shootable with a bit of extra grip.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the new Colt pocketlite mustangs also and mine to is accurate and fun and reliable. Awesome gun. It's a Colt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I also agree with 2bsss.   The extra round of the .380 government gave the previous version a nice grip.  People overlook the fact that a gun that small does not have to be "pocketable" if it is thin enough and more shootable with a bit of extra grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a blued steel Colt Mustang before Colt discontinued it. Great shooting gun. I think the grip-length would be the hardest to conceal.

BTW: Be careful NOT to push the ejector all the way down(you can't just push it back),otherwise you will have to press on the mainspring to reset it. There is quite about on the internet how to reset the ejector.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BTW: Be careful NOT to push the ejector all the way down(you can't just push it back),otherwise you will have to press on the mainspring to reset it. There is quite about on the internet how to reset the ejector.
View Quote

Very true...I did it once. Talk about a pain. Not hard once I figured out what needed to happen, but a royal pain nonetheless.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top