Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are higher quality 1911's to be had in the $3K to $4K range but that price isn't a reflection of the quality.  It's a reflection of the demand and what collectors are willing to pay for a semi rare pistol.  BTW, the civilian version is the same except for the hand fitted NM barrel performed by the Colt Custom Shop.  It is not the same as the Colt rail gun.  Just wait and see where the prices go on them once they change that USMC rollmark.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your willing to drop 3-4k on a 1911 then you should make sure it says knight hawk  or Wilson combat on it then at least you get your money's worth trust me the civilian version of the m45a1 is not the same thing the usmc issues its just a colt rail gun with a fde cerakote job and cool grips, good gun don't get me wrong but for what it's worth you can spend less and get somthing that you know is put together by a master smith using the best non MIM parts you can buy .

There are higher quality 1911's to be had in the $3K to $4K range but that price isn't a reflection of the quality.  It's a reflection of the demand and what collectors are willing to pay for a semi rare pistol.  BTW, the civilian version is the same except for the hand fitted NM barrel performed by the Colt Custom Shop.  It is not the same as the Colt rail gun.  Just wait and see where the prices go on them once they change that USMC rollmark.

Great advice and prediction here back in 2014....now that the slides are marked M45A1, the prices have declined to as low as $1600 and that is well worth it for a Colt with Novak night sights, dual recoil springs and a real Picatinney rail.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
There's one in the EE for around $1400 I believe.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been lusting over one at my LGS or a few months. I finally brought her home the other day for $1475 NIB.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Any word on these Colt M45a1s being marketed as "us army" version? Supposedly the same pistol with a different, darker finish. Markings appear to the same as a standard M45a1 from what I can tell, but the pistols are "contract overrun".

I really like the color and finish of this version, but I'm skeptical of anything marketed as "contract overrun".......
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ended up finding a NIB Special Combat Govt Carry model at a good price...I'll still be on the lookout though for a CQB
View Quote

An eminently wise choice and a VERY well made gun.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any word on these Colt M45a1s being marketed as "us army" version? Supposedly the same pistol with a different, darker finish. Markings appear to the same as a standard M45a1 from what I can tell, but the pistols are "contract overrun".

I really like the color and finish of this version, but I'm skeptical of anything marketed as "contract overrun".......
View Quote

The Army isn't dumb enough to buy a Colt 1911
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#7]
picked mine up from Clyde's about a month ago $1499. Amazing 1911 so accurate. Very Happy. Worth the $$$
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The new "darker finish" is

I'm so happy I bought the proper color.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Key word is marketed as- the USMC special ops community is the only organization still procuring and routinely using .45's. Some army socom elements will still draw rack grade 1911A1's for some missions. Colt changed the color/ finish due to complaints the tan finish was wearing out fast that is all
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Key word is marketed as- the USMC special ops community is the only organization still procuring and routinely using .45's. Some army socom elements will still draw rack grade 1911A1's for some missions. Colt changed the color/ finish due to complaints the tan finish was wearing out fast that is all
View Quote

Yep, I called Colt last week with some serial numbers I found online in gun broker auctions making the US Army statement. They confirmed the M45a1s have moved from the tan cerakote to the dark brown ionbond finish we are seeing. Nothing strange or unusual about them and all the guns would be getting that finish moving forward.

With that information, I went ahead and made my ionbond M45a1 purchase from another auction not reflecting any kind of rare price. Should be here Tuesday!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up my colt M45a1 yesterday, love the color of the ionbond finish. Took it to the range today for it's first 200 rounds. What a joy to shoot, glad I ponied up and bought one of these!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top