Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2014 11:24:20 AM EDT
Is there any difference between the Gold Cup Trophy and Gold Cup National Match? What would a new in box Trophy go for?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a Colt National Match 1911 from http://www.shootersplus.com about 3 weeks ago and love it. While I'm not a guru on the colts I think the only differences is the the NM is more of a blued finish, the trophy has a enhanced hammer and wraparound grips.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#2]

The rear sight and the grip safety seem to be different and the National Match comes in bright stainless. I'm not sure about the Trophy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think that's a factory finish. My NM looks nothing like that. Finish, trigger, hammer and grips are different on mine.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think that's a factory finish. My NM looks nothing like that. Finish, trigger, hammer and grips are different on mine.
View Quote

That's the Colt "Ultimate Stainless" finish.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Gold cup has spur hammer regular grip safety. If you were to plan on shooting bullseye hardball matches ( pretty much the gold cups reason for being) the regular gold cup is legal for this while any gun with a round hammer and beavertail is against the rules
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]
that finish is out of this world.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The Gold Cup Trophy comes in either stainless or blued finish, and has Pachmayr wraparound grips, round hammer and beavertail grip safety. The bluing on mine is beautiful, and everything is fitted nice and tight. I'm very happy with it.

I don't know about the GCNM, but I'd imagine it's pretty similar, but with a little more hand fitting done to it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top