Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 12/26/2013 4:17:38 AM EDT
Morning All,
Am looking at the Government MKIV Series 70 (O1070A1CS).  

Checked Colt and didn't see what I'm looking for.

Anyone recently seen any incentives to purchase this model?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats funny. You barely see an ad for Colt let alone an incentive to buy. I love colts but you probably wont see any promotions from them. Let us lnow if you find one :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Just been seeing local incentives for any firearm purchase (LEO/FF/.MIL) usually 5% off.  

Know some other Mfr's are running incentives but seen none from Colt so far.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt doesn't really do incentives.

Link Posted: 12/27/2013 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
go to gunbroker.  Other than that youll be lucky to find what you want randomly in stores.

1911, colt, new, theres a bunch of 70 series around 1000
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Folks,
We located one some three hours away drive time.
Cry once, buy once.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Cried today but now it's done!
No discounts.
Very happy.

Link Posted: 12/30/2013 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
nice choice, glad you like it.

Colt won't be doing incentives to make you purchase the gun, being a colt is incentive enough.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#9]
COLT has chosen to remain in Connecticut. Connecticut has just instituted a pre confiscation statute. If you support business that pay taxes in that state, you are feeding the beast. STOP IT!
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
COLT has chosen to remain in Connecticut. Connecticut has just instituted a pre confiscation statute. If you support business that pay taxes in that state, you are feeding the beast. STOP IT!
View Quote

Colt doesn't make laws. Stop wishing hard working people out of jobs just because of where the live.

Out of curiosity who would you prefer people support? A company who advertises itself as the oldest name in american firearms but imports every 1911 part they stamp made in the USA from Brazil or all their polymer guns from croatia? And Austrian company? Perhaps a George Sorros holding owned company?
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Colt doesn't make laws. Stop wishing hard working people out of jobs just because of where the live.

Out of curiosity who would you prefer people support? A company who advertises itself as the oldest name in american firearms but imports every 1911 part they stamp made in the USA from Brazil or all their polymer guns from croatia? And Austrian company? Perhaps a George Sorros holding owned company?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

COLT employees are UAW members. You do know what party the UAW supports right?

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drum roll please.......
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt employees fighting for our rights in Hartford to defend against the new AWB in CT that was rammed down our throats by circumventing legislative procedure:

The entire shift was there except for a crew critical people to keep house.  Plus other shifts on their time.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:...

Anyone recently seen any incentives to purchase this model?

Thanks!
View Quote

the incentive is seeing on in stock at your LGS
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure they lost their contract to Imbel and all of their 1911s are now made in the USA and the  Croatian guns have always been made their since they bought the patent from a Croatian company.  Also Imbel is considered to be one of the best at making forgings. This is a false statement that is based on a rumor that the NRA has since shot down.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am pretty sure they lost their contract to Imbel and all of their 1911s are now made in the USA and the  Croatian guns have always been made their since they bought the patent from a Croatian company.  Also Imbel is considered to be one of the best at making forgings. This is a false statement that is based on a rumor that the NRA has since shot down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well that's possible, but according to the nice lady (deb I believe) that runs their custom shop when I talked to her about ordering a custom 1911 they come from Brazil. This was probably close to 2yrs ago though things could have changed but I doubt it.  The big 1911forums all have the popular opinion is they're still imported. NRA may have shot it down but the company who imports them put it right back up.
Quoted:
and the  Croatian guns have always been made their since they bought the patent from a Croatian company.  Also Imbel is considered to be one of the best at making forgings. This is a false statement that is based on a rumor that the NRA has since shot down.

not really sure what you mean by this part, are you trying to say the XDs aren't made in Choatia? because that's not true at all. I can't figure out what you're saying is false and the NRA shot down either since it's a commonly known fact that the guns are imported. They're stamped right on the frames per the law that they're made in Croatia. So either you're confused, have bad info or the NRA simply is lying to somebody

If you're trying to say that the XD are and have always been made here feel free to read the frame of the gun
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well that's possible, but according to the nice lady (deb I believe) that runs their custom shop when I talked to her about ordering a custom 1911 they come from Brazil. This was probably close to 2yrs ago though things could have changed but I doubt it.  The big 1911forums all have the popular opinion is they're still imported. NRA may have shot it down but the company who imports them put it right back up.

not really sure what you mean by this part, are you trying to say the XDs aren't made in Choatia? because that's not true at all. I can't figure out what you're saying is false and the NRA shot down either since it's a commonly known fact that the guns are imported. They're stamped right on the frames per the law that they're made in Croatia. So either you're confused, have bad info or the NRA simply is lying to somebody

If you're trying to say that the XD are and have always been made here feel free to read the frame of the gun
http://www.imfdb.org/images/6/67/SpringfieldXD45.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
and the  Croatian guns have always been made their since they bought the patent from a Croatian company.  Also Imbel is considered to be one of the best at making forgings. This is a false statement that is based on a rumor that the NRA has since shot down.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/6/67/SpringfieldXD45.jpg

1. Springfield Lost their contract with Imbel
2. I was talking about Soros owning gun company's and the NRA states this is false.
3. I know the XD is made in Croatia it was designed by Marko Vukovic which worked for a company called HS produkt and sold under the name of HS2000 until Springfield bought the rights they did not design the gun.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
well that clears up the misunderstanding.

Still pretty sure they're made by imbel though. Like I said, I could be wrong but I'd think the big springer guys would be all over telling the world about that one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Didnt colt move some production to florida or another state?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Didnt colt move some production to florida or another state?
View Quote

They have some buildings in FL but no production at this time.

See: COLT IN FL
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#21]
At least some production to another state....http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/04/05/firearms-company-relocating-to-north-texas/
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top