Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2017 8:49:21 AM EDT
I am mostly a mid to upper mid when buying a handgun, I feel the need for a inexpensive fun range gun...I bought my son a used Canik for a really great price yesterday, then went to the range and it was fun to shoot for a couple hundred bucks...
then I stopped to talk to a friend on the way home and he showed me a Walther CREED he just got in... BNIB for $349..I love the way it felt in my hand, can anyone tell a few things about it?  mag avail?  does it use any other Walther mags?  anyone shoot one?  thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar question here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't watch youtube gun videos very often, but when I do, Hitchcock45 and MAC are about the only ones I can tolerate.  

This one was no exception.  Nice review by Hitchcock45 on the Creed.  Informative.  Nice to see it in action.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It uses ppx mags. They can be found most anywhere.  I like the trigger better than most if not all striker fired guns including the ppq. Just my opinion on the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I put 30 rounds through a friends Creed today at the range. At 10 yards, I tore put the center of the target. At 25 yards I was picking clay birds off the berm with every shot. It had a short, crisp breaking trigger that lent to this guns superb accuracy. For a sub $400 I'm very impressed. I plan on picking one up next paycheck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Better looking version of the PPX.  Trigger is actually very good.  You could do worse pretty easily, like buy an RP9.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I shot one the other day.  No difference between the reviews and my own experience.  Really, really accurate, and a trigger that (to me) was as light, if not lighter than the PPQ.  For some reason, I expected the trigger to be a little heavier than a PPQ, but that wasn't my experience with this gun.

Highly recommend you try to shoot a Creed, or a PPQ, to be sure you know what you're getting re: the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Better looking version of the PPX.  Trigger is actually very good.  You could do worse pretty easily, like buy an RP9.
View Quote
I think the RP9 looks great and really want one of the 45's. Aren't they supposed to be 16 rounds or something awesome and crazy?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
The PPQ is a much better buy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#9]
The PPQ and P99 series are Walther's top of the line hand guns, and are better engineered than the PPX/Creed which have many things internally of lower quality than the the Q or 99.  It is less expensive for a reason after all.

If you can go the extra mile, get a PPQ or P99AS, as they are better pistols, and the PPQs current pricing really makes them a bargain, IMHO.

However, if you are not a high rounds per month shooter, and want an inexpensive, yet accurate, range pistol you can do much worse than the Creed.

Also note that Walther's current $100 rebate makes buying any of them an even better deal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#10]
PPQ is $479 at gunbuyer free shipping. $20 FFL xfer. $100 rebate.

$400 out the door.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Old thread, but I got one recently and like the hell out of it. I was thoroughly impressed with the pistol, especially considering I got it for under $300 brand new from CDNN. The trigger is damn nice and it shoots very smooth. My only real complaint is the reset on the trigger. It's a big long compared to Glocks, which I am use to. My sister has a PPQ and I shot them side by side and far and away preferred the Creed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently got to shoot a creed. It is very, very nice. Trigger, accuracy, Has a few minimal short falls but, you could buy 2 for the price of a PPQ.
I would like to own one and a PPQ.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#13]
On sale for $269 at cdnn

LINK
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]
20.00 mags to.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#15]
From what I posted in the other thread,

I own two PPX, one set up as a suppressor host for my Osprey, the other is often a "new shooter" loaner for the range. I really like these guns. They are ugly but feel natural in the hand. The MIM parts and three piece barrel do not worry me. This gun was designed from the ground up to use these manufacturing processes rather than being adapted to an existing design. The trigger is really nice. I like both of mine. Neither is a high round count gun but each has over 1K through them and I have not had a single failure of any type. Walther will continue to offer factory support despite being a discontinued model.

On the other hand, I haven't been able to warm up to the CREED. I hate the name. It sounds ghetto. I spoke to a Representative from Walther USA at a trade show. He told me that the redesign of the PPX --> CREED was based on negative comments about the PPX being ugly but not for any mechanical failings of the PPX. Frankly both guns are ugly.

I have full confidence in both my PPX models. I wouldn't hesitate to grab one when things go bump in the night.

Since then I picked up another PPX before CDNN liquidated them all. I think I pad $240 for one in .40S&W. All three have been flawless performers. The plain 9mm (non-suppressed) is a loaner gun for friends who want to go to the range. Several thousand rounds through it now without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's kind of funny because I have the PPX and the RP9. Both are very reliable and accurate. I had the RP9 out with my CZ shadow and dan wesson shooting steel today. The remington held it's own, it shoots great. I also guess I'm a little late on my quote since this is an old thread.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From what I posted in the other thread,

I own two PPX, one set up as a suppressor host for my Osprey, the other is often a "new shooter" loaner for the range. I really like these guns. They are ugly but feel natural in the hand. The MIM parts and three piece barrel do not worry me. This gun was designed from the ground up to use these manufacturing processes rather than being adapted to an existing design. The trigger is really nice. I like both of mine. Neither is a high round count gun but each has over 1K through them and I have not had a single failure of any type. Walther will continue to offer factory support despite being a discontinued model.

On the other hand, I haven't been able to warm up to the CREED. I hate the name. It sounds ghetto. I spoke to a Representative from Walther USA at a trade show. He told me that the redesign of the PPX --> CREED was based on negative comments about the PPX being ugly but not for any mechanical failings of the PPX. Frankly both guns are ugly.

I have full confidence in both my PPX models. I wouldn't hesitate to grab one when things go bump in the night.

Since then I picked up another PPX before CDNN liquidated them all. I think I pad $240 for one in .40S&W. All three have been flawless performers. The plain 9mm (non-suppressed) is a loaner gun for friends who want to go to the range. Several thousand rounds through it now without a hiccup.
View Quote
Creed sounds “ghetto?”

Creed

[kred]
NOUN

a system of Christian or other religious belief; a faith:
"people of many creeds and cultures"
synonyms: faith · religion · religious belief · religious persuasion · church · [more]

a formal statement of Christian beliefs, especially the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed.
synonyms: system of belief · set of beliefs · beliefs · principles · articles of faith · [more]

a set of beliefs or aims that guide someone's actions:
"liberalism was more than a political creed"

I don’t get it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
My buddy has one. Good gun. Except one of the white dots in the rear sight fell out, other than that 100%
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:40:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess I’ll resurrect this thread..

I was in the market for a beater full size 9mm pistol and couldn’t resist the $249 price that CDNN was offering. Spare mags for $19.99 too.

I’ve shot Walthers but this will be the first one I’ve owned. Compared to the other offerings at this price range I think the Creed was a good way to go for a sub $300 pistol.

Hope I’m right
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think the Creed was a good way to go for a sub $300 pistol.

Hope I’m right
View Quote
I'm sure it's fine for what it is.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I think it is the best value on the market for a full sized 9mm right now.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]
The multi piece barrel construction is the only thing that really bothers me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I finally got around to picking mine up today.

You ever know someone that looks terrible in every photo they’re in, but in real life seem to look much better? That’s the Creed. Not nearly as ugly in person.

Maybe it’s the ergonomics that make me like it a bit more too. The thing feels amazing in the hand.

I’ll get it out to the range this weekend and see how it does.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Are they still 249.00 at CDNN?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Are they still 249.00 at CDNN?
View Quote
yep, with free shipping too
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Think for $250, I'm in

Txl
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Just picked my creed up from my FFL.

Trigger is amazing. Longer reset than the glock, but amazing break.

Good looking gun too.

For $250 + FFL of $20, great deal.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Can't help but thinking that one of these, 4-5 mags, half a case of ammo, and you are still under the price of a glock without any extras.

Not a terrible first handgun for a new shooter.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't help but thinking that one of these, 4-5 mags, half a case of ammo, and you are still under the price of a glock without any extras.

Not a terrible first handgun for a new shooter.
View Quote
The perfect set up for that.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I really like mine.  It has been 100% reliable and is decently accurate.  I have dedicated it as my official glove box gun.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked up a CREED from CDNN to go with my PPX collection. I couldn't resist. So, now I have another ~$250, utterly reliable handgun with Stateside manufacturer support and $20 16rnd mags.

This one will be vetted and then become part of a SHTF go bag I am putting together.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Thinking about adding one as a stash gun in the basement workshop.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Still $249 at CDNN although I didn't see anything about free shipping.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#35]
free shipping was last week
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#36]
CDNN's sale on Creed pistols ends Monday 5/20 at noon CST

Not sure if 19.99 price on Creed/PPX mags will go up at that time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#37]
JoeBob's had em for $249.95 shipped but they jacked the price back up again...
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#38]
As of this morning I'm still on the fence. I'd be more inclined to buy a Creed if I could add 3-4 magazines to the order without having to pay a separate shipping charge for "accessories".

It doesn't look as if CDNN will allow me to combine a Creed with extra mags, have them all shipped to my FFL and just charge me the $15 fee for shipping. If I'm mistaken let me know...today LOL.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#39]
wait until tomorrow and call them to order.  They are good about doing that kind of thing.  Or just wait until they do free shipping on the Creed again, which is usually every 3rd week or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top