Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 11:01:55 AM EDT
Im trying to figure out how much they are currently worth. Cant find any for sale anywhere to give me an idea..

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The coloured P99's are not very common, tan, grey and olive drab I believe were the colours that at one time were available. I have two P99's a first Generation Euro Model and a newer one, both of them black. I love P99's but buying one in anything but black would not appeal to me, even if I could get it on the cheap.

Not everyone thinks like I do, so I imagine that your tan P99 is worth either a lot to a boutique collector type or worth pretty much what any other used P99 is worth - $450-$600 depending on condition, mags, box and etc... Just like any other pistol.

Have you tried the websites devoted to Walther's? Quick google will turn up a couple for you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
PS, do you know what Generation your P99 is?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a gen2 (I believe tan only came in gen2), with the QA trigger in .40.. I bought it a few years back lnib, but it has lived in the safe the entire time Ive owned it.. I collected P99's for a while, but I ended up selling off half of them a few years ago, and I was thinking about selling off a couple more now. I will definitely check at the other sites.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The QA trigger pretty much kills it for resale value, sad to say, and the 40 S&W chambering isn't doing it any favors either.

Though I'm guessing that combo in a color other than black is actually pretty rare.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I've never been a big fan of the QA trigger either, I just bought it because I needed a tan P99 to complete the collection..

ETA: after some searching it looks like that that might be the only configuration this gun came in (.40, QA)

I found my old login info over at waltherforums, but I cant get the search function to work, and the general layout of that site makes my head hurt..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top