Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2016 1:54:39 PM EDT
I just acquired a Walther PP and am having a hard time finding any info on this specific variant.  This does have the crown and "N" stamped on the right side which I can find tons of info on.  It also has some kind of a stamp on the right side of the trigger guard towards the front of the pistol that I cannot find info on.  The only way I can describe it is when you have the barrel pointed at you with it laying right side up, it looks like a vertical F W W.  Like this.

F
W
W

The connection I cannot make is the large lanyard loop.  What info I can find on it doesn't seem to match the time frame of the pistol based on the proof mark.  The serial is six digits beginning with 147xxx.  I know pics would probably help, but I wont be able to get to that point for a little while.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Pictures and the serial number to date it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on the serial I can find the date info.   The serial puts it around late 1938.  Its the lanyard loop and the trigger guard markings that I am trying to pin down.   Unless I can post a pic without linking to it, I will have to email it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top