Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2016 8:38:24 PM EDT
I was carrying my wife's PPQ (I love that thing ) and accidentally hit it on something and chipped the rear sight. I was planning to replace them anyway with night sights so I'm not overly concerned.

Where is the best place to have them installed? I know Glock will install them for cheap on their guns, just curious if Walther does this or if there is a go-to place for the work?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a PPQ yesterday. I plan on putting trijicon HDs on it.

From the YouTube videos I've watched it looks pretty easy.

ETA:
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have installed Trijicon HDs and Dawson Precisions.  Very easy to do.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked up a PPQ yesterday. I plan on putting trijicon HDs on it.

From the YouTube videos I've watched it looks pretty easy.

ETA: https://youtu.be/WlsuQ90Rju8
View Quote

Wow, that does look pretty simple. thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone make tall night sights for them?

It's a navy model and will most likely get a can. All the info I find says the Trijicons are the tallest.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dawson Precision.  I have a tall front sight.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone make tall night sights for them?

It's a navy model and will most likely get a can. All the info I find says the Trijicons are the tallest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Dawson Precision makes some of the finest sights on the market.  They are the first I would look at.  

I've tried both Trijicons and Tru-Glo TFX PRO U-notch sights.

The Trijicons are great sights but fit like shit.  The rear sight moved around and clicked and rattled until I fixed it.  This is the original "Bright and Tough" night sights.

I contacted Trijicon.  They were ever so helpful when they told me "we are aware of these sights not fitting well".  And that was it.

The TFX Pro's are freaking awesome.  But I took them back off because the U-notch doesn't work for me.  If I'm not mistaken they currently offer them in both U-notch and standard square now.

I put a set of Dawson Precision sights on my CZ.  Very impressed with those.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm using the TFX pros and like them.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like the Trijicons on subcompacts and the TFO/X on compact/duty size pistols due to the rear notch size.

The Trijicon is faster but harder to shoot smaller groups past a few yards for me.  At 20-25 yards the difference is huge.  

I can shoot very similar groups with the Trijicons on this Glock 26 compared to the TruGlo on this PPQ.

Attachment Attached File

I did have to send the PPQ slide into TruGlo for fitting as the front sight screw was too long.  They had even included a shorter screw from a gen 4 Glock but it wasn't short enough. Maybe the hole was too shallow.  You could slide a business card between the sight and slide fully tightened.   I almost shortened the screw myself but chickened out thinking it would fly off.  No problems with whatever they did.  This may no longer be thing issue as I bought mine very early.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have TruGlo TFX night sight on my PPQ. I would go with the TFO Pro if they were available at the time. The install was easy with only simple tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top