Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2016 3:55:46 PM EDT
flying across a messy room.

I may never find it.

Any ideas on where to look online for a replacement? Or am I going to have to call up Smith and Wesson/Walther, have them laugh at me, and send out a new one?

I'd rather walk across a bed of legos/burning coals barefoot at this point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I may never find it.

Any ideas on where to look online for a replacement? Or am I going to have to call up Smith and Wesson/Walther, have them laugh at me, and send out a new one?

View Quote

I had to make one for my M&P out of piano wire once, was cleaning up before a match the next day and launched it somehow.  Found it about a year later.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had to make one for my M&P out of piano wire once, was cleaning up before a match the next day and launched it somehow.  Found it about a year later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may never find it.

I went out and got one of those magnetic sweepers from harbor freight for $8. I'll be rolling this thing over the cat, the dog, the fruitbowl, everything for the next week.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget to look up high too, I had a spring land up on a shelf before.
If you still can't find it go ahead and give Walther USA a call on Monday .

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't forget to look up high too, I had a spring land up on a shelf before.If you still can't find it go ahead and give Walther USA a call on Monday .
Good luck.
View Quote

I'll keep up the hunt, but it looks like I may have to make the call.

Lesson learned: Install in a plastic baggie or add some grease to keep the spring in place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Called up Walther and they put in the order to send out a new spring. About a 3 minute call.

Never dealt with their customer service before, but they rock!

I was expecting a few bucks for shipping (at least), as a dumb ass surcharge

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Called up Walther and they put in the order to send out a new spring. About a 3 minute call.

Never dealt with their customer service before, but they rock!

I was expecting a few bucks for shipping (at least), as a dumb ass surcharge

View Quote
Yes, every time I have placed an order with Walther USA over the phone, I have had a pleasant experience.
I forgot how easy ordering by phone used to be, no passwords, forms to fill or next buttons to click.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top