Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 9:19:10 AM EDT
I have a P22 that I keep in my truck console for pest control. At some point the slide release lever broke off, flush with the slide.

I called Walther and they won't send me one... they said that I need to send it in to the factory and have them replace it.

Is it a big deal for me to replace it myself?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange that they would say that, but it seems a lot of manufactures have been taking the stance of not selling parts directly to customers.  Changing the slide release lever is not difficult. It has been several years but I bought a new slide (cracked my old one) and barrel directly from Walther.  They had no problem selling them to me then, but I literally waited 6 months for the slide and a year for the barrel on back-order.   If you have an FFL close, you might want to see if they can get the part for you.  Might cost you a little extra for their effort, but prob not as much as sending the gun to Walther.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a whole website dedicated to disassembling the P22 and trying to make it more reliable.

I sold mine, but I had it completely apart and back together at one time before I sold it.

I remember a few fussy bits that wanted to shoot across the room, but not hard if you're reasonably mechanically skilled.

Take a look at this.

https://www.gunfactory.ch/download/Walther_P22_bible.pdf

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I, too, am in possession of a P22 with a broken slide release.

I found that numrich sells the lever for less than 15 bucks, but it appears it and most other p22 parts are out of stock.

I've checked brownells and cheaperthandirt and neither of them sell parts. I don't think brownells even sells the p22, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#4]
That would make for a major
policy change in the last few
years. I ordered some small
parts & springs that they sent
to me at no charge & they sent
multiples just because I asked.

I sold both of mine before I broke
a slide.

Have you read the big thread on the
P22's Here?

I hope you read that before you purchased.

John

John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top