Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 5:08:55 PM EDT
Some back story- I bought a PPQ 9mm first edition when they were first out on the market.  I only have about 100 rounds or so through it.  It is flawless.  I rarely shoot it  I usually shoot rifles when I go shooting.  Except my CCW SW Shield.  Recently, I've been looking to upgrade capacity on my CCW, so Ive been thinking of the Glock 19.  This in turn started me thinking of possibly selling my PPQ.  I just wouldn't want to use it as a CCW.  But I have had a hard time finding prices of the First Edition currently.  I don't need the money from the sale, just thinking about making some room.  I'm not a glock fan boy and the only one I have is a Gen4 Glock 20.

My questions are:
What do you think the value is on a FE?  Would you sell it?  Use it as CCW, or keep it in the safe for occasional firing?  
I'm really just kicking it around.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my PPQ. Why would you not consider carrying it? I carry mine AIWB frequently. It is quite safe.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and enjoy shooting it occasionally.  Frankly, I'm a bigger fan of the Walther P99 or the PPQ would have seen more use.

As to its value, if you had one that had never, ever been fired, I guess it would be worth a premium.  Not that the PPQ isn't a magnificent pistol (it is), but I just can't really imagine a FE model is worth a whole lot more than a regular one, otherwise.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my PPQ. Why would you not consider carrying it? I carry mine AIWB frequently. It is quite safe.
View Quote

Hesitant only due to the longer threaded barrel.   no concerns about safety at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Depending on how you carry I don't really think the 1/2" of barrel would make much difference. If it does and you really like the gun you could always buy a standard barrel from Jarvis for it.

The value is hard to say. They don't seem to come up for sale too often. I paid $600 for my FE a couple years ago and felt I got a good deal. If someone wants paddle release and a threaded barrel they don't have many options. Buy a hard to find FE, or buy an expensive aftermarket threaded barrel and an M1 PPQ.

If you don't shoot suppressed and the limited production doesn't mean anything to you I'd sell it. Let someone who wants an FE, or shoots suppressed enjoy it. It's worth enough to buy most any typical carry gun you want and have new holster money left over. I kinda have a soft spot for mine and plan to hang onto it. Even if it isn't collectable it's the rarest gun I have.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I want it...
They come up very rarely on gun broker. Last one was pristine condition and had a buy it now of $650. That's been over 6-7 months ago. I'm still kicking myself for not finding the money on that one.
I have 2 ppq m1's and still want a first edition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top