Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2016 10:01:35 PM EDT
Friend test fired a bunch of concealed carry pistols 8 months ago and decided they liked the PPS (M1) to the exclusion of just about everything else. In the interim, Walther promptly brings out the M2 and now the M1 (9mm) version is nigh impossible to find at a reasonable price.  Is Walther still producing the M1 ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw a couple at a show 2-3 months ago. One in 9mm and one in 40. Sportsmanguide.com is advertising the .40 version in their latest catalog.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Walther is still making them. I see them more often in my AO than the M2.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Buds had them goin for like 400 bones awhile back.  Great pistol love mine.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
CDNN has the .40 in stock for $389.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I stressed the 9mm version...no desire for the .40.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Try some gun shows. I seen some at one I went to last month.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Cabelas, actually, if you have one locally...I picked one up a couple months ago, Cabelas had them on sale for $374!

I think that was the first and only time I ever even saw a firearm, new or used, that wasn't outrageously overpriced there
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Academy sports in Cape Girardeau, MO had one for $400 as of last Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I love mine. I have seen a couple on ee
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a PPS about 5 years ago.  Went into a local gunshop and all they have is the ability to order a PPS M2.  

I love the original PPS but I'm not crazy about the looks of the M2.

Is there another brand pistol that is similar to the original Walther?  Glock, etc?
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Pretty sure the PPS M1 is done, but it may just be a case that, like the PPQ M1, they will be made in small batches for the few of us with discerning taste that know the paddle is better than the button.

I'm dreading the day when they release a P99 AS M2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure the PPS M1 is done, but it may just be a case that, like the PPQ M1, they will be made in small batches for the few of us with discerning taste that know the paddle is better than the button.

View Quote

Or maybe they will revise the M1 to look and feel like the M2 but keep the paddle mag release and work with old mags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This never occurred to me but it is certainly the most disturbing idea I've heard lately.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Grabagun.com had them on sale for $249 a while back, with hard case, two backstraps and two mags. I assumed they were clearance-priced to make room for the Gen2 PPS.

I promptly bought one. It's a gun I've always wanted, but not for the original $600.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]
FWIW, I contacted Walther USA months ago and the said they would continue producing and selling the M1 PPS, but in limited quantities. The Walther USA rep could not provide any timeline.

Done waiting, I picked one up recently on the EE.

My understanding is that Walther is having issues with the German government and what they are able to sell here through Walther USA. Perhaps the PPS M1 is part of this SNAFU.

Earl's repair service still has PPS M1s I believe. Earl deals directly with Carl Walther and may not have the same issues as Walther USA. But they aren't cheap.

Earl's website. Really best to just talk to Earl on the phone if there are questions.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
The only issue with Walther is the US made PPK.

The PPS M1 is no longer produced.

Earl deals with German distributors, not the factory.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The only issue with Walther is the US made PPK.

The PPS M1 is no longer produced.

Earl deals with German distributors, not the factory.
View Quote
Then you have newer/different information than I.  I wouldn't be surprised if Walther USA didn't know what they were talking about when they told me they would still be selling the PPS M1 or if things changed since I talked to them.  If they are indeed done, makes me that much happier that I just picked one up.

And not that it really matters because he has what he has regardless from where, but it was almost a point of pride when Earl explained to me that he deals directly with the Walther factory in Germany, kinda stuck out in my mind.  I am just happy he had the sight I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, their stories change by the hour it seems.  Really I doubt if anyone knows for sure what is going on, even them.

I'm not trashing Earl, btw.   When you need a part for a collectable Walther, he is the go to guy, but he just has no official connection to Umarex/Walther.

When I wanted mag sleeves for my P99c AS he had them, no one else did.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#20]
With all due respect to Earl, now the grip extensions can be had from Amazon:
Magazine extension
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top