Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2016 10:28:59 PM EDT
I think I'd feel safer with the double action of the 99 but I do love the trigger on my PPQ at the range.  Actually if I was offered a 99c without having to pay too much, I'd probably trade with no thought.  Thats probably not gonna happen, here in Podunk folks barely know what a full size 99 is, never even seen a compact.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't. I'm a huge fan of my PPQ.
The PPQ has a great trigger, that's really not too light anyway. Just train to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire and keep the gun in a good holster.
The key really, is to get comfortable and train with your handgun. The PPQ really isn't any different than a glock. No reason to move to a DA/SA trigger on that platform.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Make the deal.  
As much as I like my PPQ M1, I rarely shoot it anymore.  I much prefer the decocker on the P99 and I find the trigger just as good as that of the PPQ.  Different, but just as good.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a PPQ to compare
for myself, but even with owning
several USP's & a few Glocks, I
still consider my P99's as my
primo side arms. I still carry
them regularly.

John
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The PPQ is nothing more than a permantly cocked P99, with the trigger pulled-back to where it makes that click sound.

I traded my PPQ for a P99 because I can de-cock the P99 and not have to worry about something snagging the trigger.

Examples: The beads on a windbreaker while holstering a PPQ.

With the P99, you can de-cock it and stuff it down your pants without about blowing-off your hootis, plus the P99 has 1 small weaver rail, vs the PPQ picatinny cheese grater which snags on things.

You can put a decocked P99 in your wifes purse or the console of you car and not have to worry about a key-ring or something pulling the trigger.

The PPQ must be holstered at all times.

FWIW the single-action trigger on my P99 is about a pound lighter than my old PPQ. The trigger re-set is identicle on both guns.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Trade it!  The trigger on the PPQ is too light for carry.  The P99 looks cooler too ;)
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold my PPQ and bought a P99. Never looked back, never will, and I carry the P99 as my primary carry.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Absolutely not.  If anything, get both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top