Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2016 9:44:31 AM EDT
I don't really know much about them, but my wife has handled them a little and wants one.

I'm not familiar with the models, but I'm thinking either a standard one or one with a threaded barrel.

Also, I keep seeing M2 mags, are these different than the standard ones or will they still work?

Anything else that I should know?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Great trigger super short reset and easy slide racking.....

M2 mags will not fit in original euro mag release design pistol.

One thing to be careful of is the lite trigger and short reset..... but trigger time will help that.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the first version of the PPQ in 9mm with a paddle mag release.

As stated above it takes different magazines than the PPQ M2 version, as that has a button mag release.

Some versions of the P99 magazines will fit in the original PPQ (NOT M2).

The PPQ is an accurate and easy to shoot pistol.  She will be happy with hers.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine.  You have a smart wife.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife loves mine. I went with the Navy version and the only regret is that I wish I could have gotten it with the paddle release. I might buy an M1 and swap barrels so she can have her own.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife loves to shoot mine, far more than the Glock 19 I sold to purchase it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
My fiancé co-opted my PPQ M1
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't sell or trade my M1 unless possibly for another P-99.  For me the 99 makes a better CCW pistol, the light trigger pull on my PPQ is a bit unnerving for old folks like me sometimes subject to brain pharts.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't sell or trade my M1 unless possibly for another P-99.  For me the 99 makes a better CCW pistol, the light trigger pull on my PPQ is a bit unnerving for old folks like me sometimes subject to brain pharts.
View Quote

The trigger pull on a stock PPQ is around 5.5 lbs, same as most service pistols. It is essentially a single action trigger in that the trigger break releases the striker. The striker spring being fully compressed is one of the reasons that the pull is so smooth and feels so light. Most striker fired pistols the trigger pull is what fully cocks the striker before releasing it. That being said it has the proper passive safeties preventing discharge without a trigger pull, so I feel confident carrying mine AIWB.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a great pistol. You better buy one for yourself because your wife will not let you shoot hers
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's a great pistol. You better buy one for yourself because your wife will not let you shoot hers
View Quote

We work different shifts through the week.

I could run a case through it and she'd never know.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I've tried pretty much all the plastic guns out there and the PPQ remains my favorite. The ergos and trigger suit me very well, and my Navy version is one of the most accurate guns (in my hands, anyway) I own.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've tried pretty much all the plastic guns out there and the PPQ remains my favorite. The ergos and trigger suit me very well, and my Navy version is one of the most accurate guns (in my hands, anyway) I own.

<a href="http://s406.photobucket.com/user/dkm455/media/Navy%201_zpscv1xiswa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/dkm455/Navy%201_zpscv1xiswa.jpg</a>
View Quote

What's the difference between the standard and Navy version?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Navy comes with 17 round mags, threaded barrel, and recently with a recoil spring for suppressed shooting.
The striker channel has a hole to accommodate water drainage.

I think that's everything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered her a Navy version yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:22:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Why you might want a PPQ:
I gave to two guys who never handled a pistol ever and they were inside the 8 ring (7 yds) for some 200 rds each (some flyers).
Accurate as heck. I can shoot 2x further with same accuracy.
If she shoots 1911 well, should be same for PPQ
If the Glock points high, likely the PPQ sights should line up.

Pluses:
Over 2000 rounds, no issues.
9mm, recoil is nothing even with DPX 115+P
If you ever want to put a can on it or intend to use in maritime environment, the Navy is better choice.
unlike Glock, PPQ's multiple back-straps, actually make a difference. Try on all, don't guess.

Minuses:
Magazines are expensive compared to Glock, IMO buy the OEM, unless this is a range toy.
OEM sights are a negative. Dawson Precision has excellent sights.
Trigger some would consider "light" As others have explained, due to the way it's setup.
1/10" trigger reset, some consider too aggressive.
If you like the PPQ, then consider the VP-9 side-by-side, then buy the one that fits best.
No point in getting religion over a gun; it fits or doesn't. It's  reliable or a liability. You shoot it well, or sell it.

Best tests to determine if pistol fits:
1) Pick a spot high up on the opposite wall of gun shop, like security camera.
2) Grip pistol at your side.
3) Close your eyes, instinctively point pistol at object.
4) Open eyes. If you are aiming close to it and the sights are pretty much aligned correctly, it's a good fit. key: if the sights align, that's what you are looking for.
Trigger to back-strap:
1) If there is an air gap between your index finger and the frame as you touch the trigger, the length is good.
2) If you finger is pushing the frame as you engage the trigger, likely your bullet will go in the direction of your push too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Buy two.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you'll dig it too, OP. Might end up getting one for yourself!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when she starts showing you up with you shooting whatever it is you're using that isn't a Walther.
The PPQ and the P99 both are great pistols.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Especially when she starts showing you up with you shooting whatever it is you're using that isn't a Walther.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already hate my G19 now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Get her a P99 instead!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Great pistol. My favorite.  She'll like it, but hope she has decent trigger control with that wonderfully light trigger. As said, if limpwristed, its east to double.

Just stay on good terms with your wife after she gets it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#22]
My wife has fired a dozen of my guns and her favorite is the PPQ.
I think it's the nice trigger.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Hadn't seen this in awhile, she has had it for nearly a year now and seems to be happy with the decision.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top