Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 4:15:34 PM EDT
Went up to Brownell's Retail store on Sunday and saw this is the display case.  I didn't get to handle it, busy store and all.  I have a PPX, it appears to be nearly identical to it and obviously the PPQ family

Now I have been thinking it over and over about getting it as a suppressor host.  It came with extended threaded 1/2 x 28 barrel.  I saw a couple of online reviews, but looking for more real world info on it.   my memory says it was ~$340  don't take that as fact.   Brownell's does not have firearms listed on their site yet, and retail store page only has store hours.

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In for my interest as well
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine, much better than my p22.
I bought the regular PPQM2 -22 and added the thread adapter and a fiber optic front sight.

It has been really good as a suppressor host.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 5" long slide version. Reliable with standard velocity and high velocity ammo. Bunch of different brands.
I think I have 1000 rounds through mine and no malfunctions. Cleaned every 200 to 250 rounds.
I just got my thread adapter in to put on my suppressor. We will see how that goes.

I also have a 9mm PPQ M2 also with the 5" barrel. They are pretty much visually indistinguishable. Weight and the feel of the slide to the touch are obviously different, but the grips feel the same in the hand apart from the weight.
I've taught a bunch of beginners to shoot with it...like at least 5 or 6 people and they all really enjoyed shooting it.
Should be even more enjoyable with the suppressor.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies.  I think I am sold.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up the PPQ .22 at Brownells a couple weeks ago.  They had a 20% off sale for July 4th weekend.  Shoots awesome.  Eats Remington and Winchester ammo easily.  The negative is I only got one magazine with the gun.  It took some serious internet searching to find an purchase 3 more, but did find them from Tombstonetactical.com for ~$27/mag.  pretty pricey.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep,  good gun.  I've had my 9mm ppq m2 for over a year and half,  great gun.
Bought my wife the 22 a few months back,  mainly so she would shoot  more.  
Bought a thread adapter to match my suppressor (Octane 45) which is a bit big for a 22, but still works.  
I've used a bunch of different ammo,  cheap Mexican doesn't function  as well as Remington,  even the cheap Remington worked fine.  
if you have ammo,  it is a good gun to shoot and suppressor ready.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I love mine. I fire it only suppressed and it works great. So great I'm sellin my 22/45.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
So do all the q22's have threaded barrels? I want to get one but found a clear answer on which one to get and use my can on. Are the sights tall enough, to see over a can? I shoot a PPQ M2 9mm with 5" barrel, for USPSA and I want the 22 to be as close to that as possible. Can the sights on the 22, be changed like the center fire versions? I have a Dawson rear and a Hi Viz front.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#9]
-Not all come with threaded barrels
-I don't think it comes in a 5" barrel
-Sights can be changed out
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Unless they are California compliant, they will have a threaded barrel, but will need an adapter, to make the threads extended beyond the slide. Models sold as "threaded" already come with this adapter installed.

The sights can be changed, but they are the specific to the PPQ 22, you can't put regular PPQ sights on it.

I ordered a HiViz front sight for mine from Walther.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok. So I could get the 5" and get the adapter and use my suppressor on it, correct? I don't have to get the 4.6" Tactical then. I'd like to get the five in, the same as my Q9.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you see the sights, over the can?
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#13]
With my 22 Griffin Checkmate, which has a 1 inch diameter, yes.
The adapter is the same one that the Walther P22 uses, you can find them for $20 on eBay, that is where I have bought the 2 adapters, that I have.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked the 4" model at PSA in store for $299.  I was waffling between the SR22 and the PPQ.  The SR22 was just too small for my medium hands and it was $40 more expensive.  I ordered three more magazines from Tombstone Tactical for $24 each.

I still haven't had a chance to fire mine but I have found that the trigger does not like to reset fully sometimes.  I noticed that the FPB seems to hang up next to the hammer in the up position.  Putting downward pressure on the FPB helps to move the trigger forward.  I'll wait to see if it is still an issue after a few hundred rounds and consider sending it back to Walther for repair.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I put about 200 rounds through my PPQ .22 today and I had no issues with trigger reset.  I only had one FTF but I ran that round back through again and it fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top