Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2016 9:41:34 PM EDT
So I finally got a chance to do a before/after going from factory sights on the PPQ M2 to the Mepro 18801 night sights.

With factory sights, windage set from factory, "combat" sight image (dot covering X), 10 yards, 15 rounds:

Mepro 18801 night sights, windage set by eyeballing centerline of pistol, "combat" sight image, 10 yards, 15 rounds:

Mepro 18801 night sights, windage adjusted to POI, "combat" sight image, 10 yards, 15 rounds:

All three together:

When getting sight alignment, I line up the tops of the sights (as you're supposed to).  Dots are to get you close enough.  Anyway, it does appear the POI did shift slightly up, but not significantly.  I can't definitively say it was the sights though.  It was a chilly day and I had to stop in the middle of the sight switch to start the car and warm up my fingers.  Didn't have enough dexterity to get that little screw on the front sight started.  So cold hands could've played a part.  

After I got it "zeroed" I did some draws from concealment to see how quick I got the sight picture.  No noticeable difference, but I wasn't running a timer or anything so.  I didn't feel like it was any faster or slower to pick up the sights.  I also feel the factory sights have a little too wide of a rear sight notch (or too narrow front post?).  There's more daylight in the sight alignment than I prefer.  I was hoping the Mepro 18801s would be better, but they aren't appreciably better.

I did have a little trouble getting the front sight post tight.  I have the proper size hex head socket from a Craftsman tool set, but the wall of the socket was just a touch thick to fit into the small recess in the slide.  So I was using tweezers to tighten and just couldn't get it snugged down tight; it'd loosen up after a mag or two.  I might have to get a Glock sight tool and put some Loc-tite on it.  I don't believe I'll need to do any washer shimming like some reports I've read.  Just wish the recess was a touch bigger.

As for tritium brightness, they're right up there with my SP2022's SIGLITEs (which I'm pretty sure are Mepros).  Definitely brighter than the factory NS on my VP9.  

Final thoughts:  I don't normally change sights on my pistols.  The PPQ makes it easy.  For $70-75, the Mepro 18801s are a great addition. The factory sights work, but the Mepros are what every PPQ should ship with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!  I appreciate the info on these sights.  Bought some tonight.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Informitive thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top