Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2016 7:16:09 PM EDT
Bought one today NIB with nickle finish  for 275.00.

It will only run reliably with CCI Stingers with doesn't bother me but the double action trigger pull is fucking horrible. I was told using a reduced hammer spring made for the PPK/S .380 would help.

Has anyone tried this or some other method of reducing the D/A pull?
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several PP and PPK/S pistols in .32 ACP and .380 ACP as well as a Walther made PP in .22LR, and the new Umarex/Walther PPK/S .22LR.  

Compared to a more modern DA .380 auto, the PP, PPK, PPK/S series pistols all have heavy DA triggers.  It's just an artifact of the geometry used in the design and there isn't really any fix for it.

However, most of them are reasonably smooth and break cleanly so it's really just a matter of getting your muscles built up to where it's not a problem.   Give it few hundred rounds of DA fire and you'll probably find it doesn't bother you as much.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several PP and PPK/S pistols in .32 ACP and .380 ACP as well as a Walther made PP in .22LR, and the new Umarex/Walther PPK/S .22LR.  

Compared to a more modern DA .380 auto, the PP, PPK, PPK/S series pistols all have heavy DA triggers.  It's just an artifact of the geometry used in the design and there isn't really any fix for it.

However, most of them are reasonably smooth and break cleanly so it's really just a matter of getting your muscles built up to where it's not a problem.   Give it few hundred rounds of DA fire and you'll probably find it doesn't bother you as much.
View Quote

Thanks. after searching the web this appears to be the way to go.

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any newer Walters but my 1980's  produced PPK/S in 22lr functions reliably with CCI subsonic ( the 900fps or so stuff not the 700fps stuff) I really need to get it threaded for a suppressor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top