Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2016 11:17:37 AM EDT
I have had to contact them for the third time with issues with my PPX, emailed Monday, got the canned response to allow two days. Nothing. It has been the same thing every time. Emailed again. I wish I didn't shoot the PPX so well, because it has been nothing but a headache for me. I have had failures to eject that have completely seized the slide, requiring a dental pick to remove. Now when I pull the trigger, it just clicks. No primer strike or anything. Broken firing pin? They have passed the ball each time claiming isolated incident. This thing is not even worth selling. I really like the PPQ trigger, but this shit customer service is strongly pushing me away from anything Walther ever again.

UPDATE- they finally emailed me back. I will update again when I get somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes FN
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes FN
View Quote

Good to know! I have had so many issues with Walther (including them losing my rebate materials) that I just don't understand how they operate.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll see how things go but I'm having the complete opposite experience. I have a PPK/s coming that's missing a rear sight so I called Walther to order one. They said stock is really low so only our gunsmiths have them... here's a FedEx label to send it in.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
pick up the phone and call them

never had an issue
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Comcast.  Far worse!
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

never had an issue
View Quote

It hasn't worked any better in the past, but I will Monday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 1:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Comcast.  Far worse!
View Quote

Agreed. Should have specified gun company.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Springfield Armory pissed me off with how long they had my XDs during the recall. I suppose they did the best they could given the magnitude and supplied me a free mag, but still...I sold the XDs not long afterwards and won't be back. Not necessarily because of the service, but it was sloooooowww and did weigh on my opinions towards the pistol.

Only had to deal with s&w otherwise and they were awesome. Like a 2 week turnaround from the time I sent it in to the time I received it back. Also gave me a free mag.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#9]

I have called Walther customer service twice in the past year and was very pleased with the result both times.  One call was to get to get the spring upgrade for my PPQ to shoot suppressed.  They sent me a UPS label and had the gun upgraded and shipped back two days after they received it.  The other call was for some baseplates for some 10+ year old 10rd P99 mags because the original baseplates had cracked.  Walther said to mail them in that they would like to see how they failed.  Two weeks later I received brand new mags in the mail from them.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I've good experiences with Walthers part Dept. Very fast to get the parts shipped out.

Link Posted: 3/10/2016 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have called Walther customer service twice in the past year and was very pleased with the result both times.  One call was to get to get the spring upgrade for my PPQ to shoot suppressed.  They sent me a UPS label and had the gun upgraded and shipped back two days after they received it.  The other call was for some baseplates for some 10+ year old 10rd P99 mags because the original baseplates had cracked.  Walther said to mail them in that they would like to see how they failed.  Two weeks later I received brand new mags in the mail from them.

View Quote

They sent me a shipping code, will be sending my PPX back tomorrow. Will update with results.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Depends what you mean.

I have a Springfield XDs-45 that keyholes and (seriously) can't put 5 rounds into a 12" circle at 10 feet.

I sent it in and they sent me back a test target with a 3-shot 25-yard group that measured under 1".

I'm not a bad shot, and I call complete and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Depends what you mean.

I have a Springfield XDs-45 that keyholes and (seriously) can't put 5 rounds into a 12" circle at 10 feet.

I sent it in and they sent me back a test target with a 3-shot 25-yard group that measured under 1".

I'm not a bad shot, and I call complete and utter bullshit.
View Quote

Yikes. That sounds very fishy. If it were me, I wouldn't know if it was the gun or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

never had an issue

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to share my experience. I broke a part on my PPS (striker guide) and I used the online "customer support" form to contact Walther CS. I waited two days for them to simply give me a phone number to call... the number right next to the "customer support" form - which I admit kind of pissed me off. I've had good experiences from other companies shipping directly from an online form because I always give them my name, address, the product, the problem, and (politely) how I would prefer it be resolved.

So I waited two days that I didn't have to, big deal I know. Anyways the representative on the other side of the phone was cordial and knowledgeable, and shipped it out with no delay. My problem is I've worked customer service before so sometimes I have high expectations.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Sent one back to Walther, perhaps in 1986. They replaced it.   I can vouch for poor customer service from Trijicon.

I have had new defective guns from Glock, Walther, Taurus, Remington, two from Ruger, two from S&W..
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got my pistol back today. Broken firing pin replaced, fire control replaced, and housing fit needed. It was all covered under warranty. Good service. If they could couple this with parts not breaking after appx 500 rounds and responsive customer service, they would be good to go. Overall- I am satisfied but not impressed.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
My interactions have been good.

I lost the slide stop spring on my P22 and got a free replacement in under a week.

The P22 slide cracked on Easter. I bought the gun in 2005 with a 1 year warranty. I emailed that evening asking if their limited lifetime warranty retroactively applied. I got an email Tuesday asking for my address. Thursday I received a shipping label. The slide went out Friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top