Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2015 5:21:15 PM EDT
Stopped by my local indoor range/shop today and a buddy that works there pulled out a PPK in .380 that they'd gotten in on consignment. Blued, black grips. Interarms made pistol. They're thinking they want $425.00 for it. I've always thought they were cool because of the James Bond thing. Should I fo at that price?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I would.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Went back and looked at it again. My buddy said he'd 'adjust' the price a bit and offered it to me for...$380.00. I went for it. I get to pick it up on the 24th. I've been looking around but it appears  that there is no way to really tell by serial# when it was made, but I'm guessing sometime right after Interterms started making them, so late 70's. There was no test fire target in the box, but it has both mags and everything is still in the plastic bags. Owners manual is there too. Guess I better order some .380 ammo

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice score at that price!
Interarms S/N records are incomplete and a mess.
Be ready for a HEAVY DA trigger. But then, for concealed carry it's better that way.
Hogue Exotic wood grips are available for around $40 if you want a little fatter grip and some nice looking wood.

Solid steel baby! No plastic except for the grips.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#4]
By the way that's a PPK/S.  Slightly different creature than a PPK.  Longer grip (same as the PP).  It's a hybrid model designed to get around the GCA of 68 and the points system.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went back and looked at it again. My buddy said he'd 'adjust' the price a bit and offered it to me for...$380.00. I went for it. I get to pick it up on the 24th. I've been looking around but it appears  that there is no way to really tell by serial# when it was made, but I'm guessing sometime right after Interterms started making them, so late 70's. There was no test fire target in the box, but it has both mags and everything is still in the plastic bags. Owners manual is there too. Guess I better order some .380 ammo

http://i.imgur.com/DcbPubql.jpg?2

http://i.imgur.com/jtCHy70l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UJ2WU7Ql.jpg
View Quote

You got an excellent deal.

Yours was made in August of 1983.

Here's where you should learn about your new PPK/S:

Walther Forums: PP and TP Series

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Great score ! I'd be all over that and I own two, in stainless. Better than the PPK, grip is longer has more steel an extra round and you could put Pachmayr grips on it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You stole it at that price.

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked it up. After looking at the Walther forum I'm thinking it was made in later '78, or maybe early '79, not '83. Of course the serial numbers seem to be all over the place and this one doesn't have the test target, sooooo...who knows? There isn't any wear on it at all, anywhere. It has both mags. Anyway, here are few more photos after I cleaned/lubed it. Still hasn't been fired...I don't plan on ever selling it, so I'll probably shoot it this weekend. Might as well have some fun w/ it, right?

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Your da man!  That thing is a beauty.  I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#11]
It shoots ok, too. 7 yards.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, that is nice!

Thief!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#13]
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top