Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
So, I didn't do my research prior to purchasing my navy.  Failure to return to battery almost every other shot with my evo 9.  walther told me they have a fix but don't have any parts right now!

Any other fixes? Anyone know where i can find an extra power recoil spring for a ppq?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Well known issue you ran into. I found no fixes other than the walther parts and springs upgrade. After the "upgrade" mine run 100%.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
can they just mail the springs?
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Just got another PPQ Navy today. Sold mine last year after discovering the suppressor issues. I'm glad to report that the new ones are coming with the green spring in a plastic bag, behind the foam where the test target is usually at.

I put 100 rounds suppressed thru it with no problems.

Serial # FAY 17xx
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Mines is FAW...so there is supposed to be a green spring in there?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mines is FAW...so there is supposed to be a green spring in there?
View Quote

No. They didn't start including the green spring until FAYxxxx serial numbers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
so.. I guess I gotta do what they say and send it back to them?

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
so.. I guess I gotta do what they say and send it back to them?

View Quote

Looks like it. The "fix" involves 3 springs total. One is a striker spring, the other a recoil spring.....not sure what the other spring is.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok they sent me a shipping label for Federal express.

Should I use the original pistol box or ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok they sent me a shipping label for Federal express.

Should I use the original pistol box or ?
View Quote

Use original box, but put that box inside another box, and you'll be good.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok..it's done and heavily wrapped and going out today.

I appreciate your help and assistance.

I love this pistol, it's just so damn accurate for me.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Walther did the suppressor spring replacement on my PPQ and its 100% now running suppressed. Walther turned it around and had it back in Fedex's hands in two days.  No charge, lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
they have mines now..but I got no notifications of it coming back.

Bothering me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they have mines now..but I got no notifications of it coming back.

Bothering me.
View Quote

I was emailed a shipping notice with the tracking number when mine was shipped back.  When did Fedex deliver yours to Walther?

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Came back from Walther...they threw a nice Walther branded oil rag, a cleaning kit, and some stickers my way.

Came with original spring and also the Green spring and it works very well now. No issues and extraction is very brisk and tight.

Fired with 3 different suppressors, AWC Jupiter Eye II, Tirant, and YHM M2 Cobra and even without, it functioned perfectly well.

Fired over 300 rounds...one ragged little hole.

Happy camper and it was back in less than a week.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Not to hijack, but I'm about to buy a PPQ, and am considering that beautiful Navy version as I'd like to get a can one day.

Question: in y'alls opinion is the Navy version too long for primary carry gun?  (I'm 6'2", 200 lbs).

Thoughts?

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:26:34 PM EDT
[#16]

The PPQ is the same size as a Glock 19 so it should carry well. For carry you may want to use a 15rd mag instead of the 17rd extended mags that come with the Navy PPQ.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Just to update, since my PPQ had the free spring upgrade from Walther I have shot 600+ rounds suppressed of a variety ammo and it has been 100% reliable.

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#18]
My PPQ M1 9 mm runs fine suppressed with a TiRant 9, but I hate shooting it, it throws burnt powder in my face every shot.
Last time I tried shooting it, first two shots threw burnt powder on to my left cheek, I took the can off and shot it unsuppressed for the rest of the day at the range .
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My PPQ M1 9 mm runs fine suppressed with a TiRant 9, but I hate shooting it, it throws burnt powder in my face every shot.Last time I tried shooting it, first two shots threw burnt powder on to my left cheek, I took the can off and shot it unsuppressed for the rest of the day at the range .
View Quote

I am using a Revolution 9 and with some ammo I get blowback.  Specifically my 147gr reloads with HS-6 powder blowback is bad.  When I load 147gr with WIN231 blowback is minimal to non existent.  With Win whitebox 115gr I get bad blowback but not with Federal 147gr FMJ.  

What barrel are you using with your M1?  I am running a .5x28" Jarvis barrel that I bought for my P99.  From my experience, blowback was worse with the P99.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm using federal American eagle 147 grain in the red box.
But I get blowback with 124 grain Geco and 124 grain Blazer too.

I have a threaded PPQ Walther OEM barrel, because it was a better price than the Javis option.

I just use the can on my 22 PPQ instead.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#21]

The Federal American Eagle red box 147gr "toxic metal free" was what I was shooting and the blowback was not bad with my setup. Much worse with some other loads.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I could deal with it if it was just gas or intermittent, but burnt, hot powder on every shot, gets annoying real quick.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]
not having that issues with mines....

Using a AAC Tirant and a AWC Jupiter eye II.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:52:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I demo'd the octane on a customer's tonight and it didn't run for shit.  Then I remembered reading this thread.    Told him Walther would square it away.  He's definitely going to get a can too
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I contacted Walther this morning for the same problem. Had an RMA and FedEx label 5 minutes later. Hopefully they will have a decent turnaround time with the holidays. I have to say though so far I'm very happy with their customer service.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine's an FAO, and I sent it back for the spring fix.
After the fix, it runs 100% suppressed.  But damn, that blowback makes it not-so-enjoyable to shoot.  
As the poster above mentioned, it's hot, and ends up on my cheeks.

My MK25 however, doesn't spit at me nearly as bad when running a can.

It's a bit surprising.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I contacted Walther this morning for the same problem. Had an RMA and FedEx label 5 minutes later. Hopefully they will have a decent turnaround time with the holidays. I have to say though so far I'm very happy with their customer service.
View Quote

Got an email from Walther today stating that they have received the pistol and the repair should take 5-7 business days. It's nice to see a manufacturer take the time to send an update instead of leaving you guessing like most do.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#28]
They were nice with mines...

It came back in less than a week.

it's just some silly springs they install and that is it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Just thought I would leave this here. I picked up my new PPQ Navy today and was happy/surprised to see that in the box was an extra green recoil assembly and a note indicating that it is to be used when running suppressed. Guess I need to get off of my ass and form 1 a build now...
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine has the extra spring too.  With the gun as shipped, I had a few stoppages with the slide not going forward 100% each magazine.  After a few hundred rounds it hasn't had a problem with the original spring and a tirant 9.  I haven't tried the new spring combo yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top