Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2015 4:10:27 AM EDT
I need your help guys. I'm not familiar with the Walther pistols and a friend of mine wants to get night sights for his PPQ compact. I read that the Meprolight for the P99 will fit the PPQ and works very well. What do you guys think and thanks for the help. Please see link below

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504836

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Umm...

They don't make a PPQ compact.

The only "compact" version of a duty sized pistol that Walther currently makes is the P99c AS.

I have three P99s, one of which is the compact "c" version.

I use Trijicons on the full size models and Meprolights on the compact.

Mep used to make two different sight sets for the P99 (and by extension the PPQ as they both take the same sights).  One was for the "full size" and the other was for the "compact".  They dropped the model number for the full size and now only sell the one originally for the compact P99.

The Trijicons are for the full sized models.

I have verified this with my pistols.  I put the Meps on a full size and they definitely changed the point of impact compared to the Trijicons.  On the C model P99 the Meps shoot to point of aim.

I should add that I use the original Walther "combat hold" sight picture, which is number 3 in the chart posted in your link, as that is how the stock Walther sights are regulated.  What the chap on the other forum is doing us using the P99c sights to make his full size PPQ shoot to a different point of aim than the stock sights, which is what they will do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah- sorry for the compact description as I'm not too familiar with Walther pistols.  Thanks for the information and # 3 looks fine to me as well. I'll pass on the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top