Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2015 7:27:16 PM EDT
So I am looking at getting into the polymer 9mm game, and I am really turned on by the Wather PPQ. Was at a local gunshop, and was able to get my paws on one, and it sure did feel great.

The wife also liked the feel of the gun, which is very important as I am trying to get her to move up from her Bersa .380 into a 9mm with me.

We looked at the 9mm 4 inch version, and I am wondering about felt recoil on these guns. Would a 5 inch make a noticable difference? This gun will be used almost completely at the range, and maybe a bedside gun. This looks like just the ticket for USPSA.

Can anyone share there thoughts on the felt recoil 4" vs 5" please?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
not sure if this helps

I have a  PPQ M1 in .40 as well as a G22 Gen3. The PPQ is much softer shooting and doesn't feel to me much recoil as compared to the G22
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased the 5" this month and it has the best trigger out of the box. I chose the 5" since it is strictly a target/range pistol. I can not tell you about the recoil between the two, but the sight radius will be better and I know I like the little recoil I have with mine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the 4". It's more versatile if you decide to carry it.
Just like the Glock 17 vs. 19. I bought the 17 first and ended up getting a 19 for carry.
I could have just started with the 19.
The PPQ 4" is light recoiling. I have no issues with it at all. It's not snappy like the sub compacts (Glock 26 and the like). Very easy to shoot, very accurate. Love the PPQ a ton.
I'd only get the 5" for competition type stuff. So, if that's your goal go for that one. Personally, I'd just get the 4" (and did)
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the 4". It's more versatile if you decide to carry it.
Just like the Glock 17 vs. 19. I bought the 17 first and ended up getting a 19 for carry.
I could have just started with the 19.
The PPQ 4" is light recoiling. I have no issues with it at all. It's not snappy like the sub compacts (Glock 26 and the like). Very easy to shoot, very accurate. Love the PPQ a ton.
I'd only get the 5" for competition type stuff. So, if that's your goal go for that one. Personally, I'd just get the 4" (and did)
View Quote

Although I carry a Glock 17, this pretty much sums up my thoughts about the PPQ too.

And I have an M2 and M1, both 4inch...

Money where your mouth is and all that...

Forrest

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top