Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 1:52:05 PM EDT
So as not to shit up the other thread (which is technically about a different Walther pistol anyway), I'll ask here.

In that thread, someone said:
You do realize that Walther has a lifetime warranty on ALL their pistols, that they have made retroactive to the time when the PW Group (Walther's corporate parent) purchased Walther?   This means pistols from 95/96 on.
Call Ft. Smith and talk to them.
Don't email, the phone works far better.
View Quote
Is there a press release or online resource to that effect?  I'm finding a lot of conflicting stuff online about whether it's 1 year vs lifetime, whether it's through Walther vs S&W vs Umarex, whether they'll foot the shipping bill, days vs weeks vs months turnaround time, free under warranty vs charged repairs, repair vs replace, etc.  Any solid input or anecdotes about the current state of these things?

I have a P22 with with the "usual suspects" of a rounded off slide stop that won't hold the slide open, deep divots and gouges from the trigger bar ears, FTFeed/FTEject when shooting w/o a can, hammer/safety interface hangup, etc.

Does email not work at all, or does it just not work as well?  I'd like to send pictures when I contact them.

When I asked this in the other thread, a poster replied:
If you need more confirmation go the the WaltherForum and ask there as well. You will get the same answer as I gave you.
View Quote
But that forum is where I'm getting a lot of conflicting information about the warranty, including in recent threads (see google search of site:waltherforums.com warranty).  That's why I asked about an online copy of the warranty, or a press release about lifetime warranties and the retroactive aspect, and when that stuff started happening.  I don't know when any/all of these changes went on.

The current P22 manual also says 1 year.  Posters on WF are reporting 1 and 2 year warranties in their manuals, lifetime on others, Walther reps telling them that the manuals are wrong and that ALL pistols are 1 year, and so on.  What's the straight scoop on all of this?

In any case, http://www.waltherarms.com/customer-support/ has the phone number and a contact form.  I'll give them a try.  Wish me luck - it's well beyond the stated 1 year warranty.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the Walther Arms website and download the current catalog.

In the back is the statement about the lifetime warranty.

It covers all Walther pistols imported since 1994.  Walther's contact person for the Walther Forum confirmed some time ago that the warranty was retroactive.

This is not BS, it is real.

Here is a link to the catalog, in PDF format.

Warranty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top