Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2014 12:40:36 AM EDT
Just picked up a new pps in 9mm today. I bought it on the way to the range and fired 150 rounds with zero issues*. The trigger is very heavy and not very smooth but I am really enjoying how slim and light weight it is. I think this is going to be my new ccw after I get a holster for it. The mag release is wierd for me but I think with practice I will get used to it.

* pistol did not go all the way into battery a couple times when my wife was shooting but I think this is due to her limp wristing it. I didn't have any issues with it at all and I'll experiment with it next time I go out and try to replicate the malfunction.

My wife bought this as her carry piece but once she started shooting she had to break her grip to pull the trigger so I'm adopting it
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet once you get used to that magazine release you won't feel the same about the old button any more.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I can see the pros of it but it still feels wrong to me. My thumb searches for the button when I feel the slide lock back
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the lever release, I'm right handed and can engage it with my middle or index finger without changing my grip, which means i can change mags while keeping sight on target, with a traditional mag release I have to shift my grip. But this is the second time I've heard that the trigger pull of the new PPSs described as less than ideal. I have a 2009 prod. and it's got the best striker fire trigger out of the box I've ever tried. Better than my gen4 G19.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Any chance you got the MA edition? I think it comes with a 10.5 pound trigger.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
How can you tell?  Mine is heavy too but I'm used to my p99 and precision rifle triggers.

... Well shit.  Mine has the 10.5 trigger.  Fuck.  Guess I need to pay better attention to what I'm buying.  I really don't like the heavy trigger.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How can you tell?  Mine is heavy too but I'm used to my p99 and precision rifle triggers.  

... Well shit.  Mine has the 10.5 trigger.  Fuck.  Guess I need to pay better attention to what I'm buying.  I really don't like the heavy trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang that sucks, I noticed it when ordering mine. Hope it's easy to swap back to the normal trigger.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#7]
You can replace the H disconnector with the S disconnector. Changing the part isn't a cakewalk so you may want to have Walther or other competent gunsmith do the job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top