Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2014 8:58:01 PM EDT
Made some calls no one can tell me when we will see the CCP.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an intriguing design.  I'm looking forward to it as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
There's no news on Walther Forum either.

As a guess maybe they ran into some production/manufacturing issues, or else did some redesign based on testing or NRA show feedback.  I know they took a beating from people complaining about the safety design, as well as the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's no news on Walther Forum either.

As a guess maybe they ran into some production/manufacturing issues, or else did some redesign based on testing or NRA show feedback.  I know they took a beating from people complaining about the safety design, as well as the trigger.
View Quote

Would be my guess. Rather have them get it right the first time though, so I don't mind waiting.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Coming out of the P22 factory, I'm sure it's plagued with issues, as foreshadowed with the trigger at shot show
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Coming out of the P22 factory, I'm sure it's plagued with issues, as foreshadowed with the trigger at shot show
View Quote

That is a bummer to hear. I really need a good ccw piece and I haven't been to thrilled with ones I've tried.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
And here I was expecting a PPQ trigger with .380 recoil impulse and bankvault reliability
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And here I was expecting a PPQ trigger with .380 recoil impulse and bankvault reliability
View Quote

Well lets wait and see. Maybe we will get lucky
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That is a bummer to hear. I really need a good ccw piece and I haven't been to thrilled with ones I've tried.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you tried the PPS?

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have you tried the PPS?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried the PPS?

Dont like it. Was interested until I held one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#10]
What were the issues with the CCP? I am interested in it as well
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What were the issues with the CCP? I am interested in it as well
View Quote

Nobody has really had access to one enough to know if there are any mechanical or QC issues in play.

The trigger was not very good, and required the trigger to be completely released in order to reset.  The manual safety is not ambi, and requires pivoting up like 60 degrees so makes simple flipping off and on with the shooting thumb ineffective.  There is no trigger safety so just ignoring the manual safety, as most did with the Shield for example, would be considered unsafe by most.

At this point I think (educated guess) that they might be making some changes to the pistol before releasing it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info. I want to replace my current CCW pistol (a Beretta 9000s) with something lighter and slimmer, so this definitely fits what I am looking for, but I can wait for them to work out the bugs...
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you tried the PPS?

I have a PPS and I understand what you are saying. The P99 is terrific in hand, the P99c is almost as good, and the PPS feels...hard...uncomfortable.

From the specs on the CCP, I expect it to be more comfortable than the PPS and slimmer than the P99 series. Still, I carry the PPS, sometimes in my pocket with a trigger guard cover, because it lives up to its name...slim.

Have you tried a P99?

And TODAY on the WALTHER FORUMS:

I imagine that Volver is wondering what kind of nuts he is dealing with by now. I will tell him that I got an email from Karl-Heinz Luther at Walther Germany about 12 days ago saying that both the CCP & the P99C AS 9mm will be in the US about mid November (2014) . I can give no guarantees. Till then he can't buy one.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Have you tried the PPS?

View Quote

Haven't tried a P99. I own a PPQ though and absolutely love it. You can't miss lol.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]
A P99c sounds fantastic.  It would go perfect with my PPQ and PPS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
UPDATE from the Walther Forums:

OK, this is the latest reply I just received from the head of customer service.

"It will likely be late-December before any CCP pistols arrive at our facility."

Which is odd, I was told not too long ago by customer service that they had already arrived here in the US.

That's a quote from someone there, not me. Anyone want to do a countdown?

55 Days and Counting....

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a good looking pistol, I have to give Walther that. And I like single stack pistols in general, so I'm glad to see this come to market. Although Walther's site shows it being 1.18" wide, that's as wide as my Glock 19, so this isn't going to be as concealable as the PPS (.9" wide) or the Shield (.95" wide). If this shoots as good as a PPS or PPQ they'll have a winner on their hands.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd give this thing a least a year after it's release before I'd even think about owning one.

The Umarex built pistols, of which the CCP is one, are far and away the most trouble prone, poorest quality products that, sadly, carry the Walther banner.

I don't understand the rush to pay to be a beta tester.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd give this thing a least a year after it's release before I'd even think about owning one.

The Umarex built pistols, of which the CCP is one, are far and away the most trouble prone, poorest quality products that, sadly, carry the Walther banner.

I don't understand the rush to pay to be a beta tester.
View Quote

Yeah I don't think I'd go with one for any serious application at this point, maybe ever.

If it proves reliable and if Apex makes a trigger & trigger pull setup for it, maybe.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Gamma. I'm assuming you hang out at the Walther Forums from your knowledge of what's happening over there.

Did you see the vid of the CCP trigger action?

It's no P99/PPQ by any stretch.

PW/Umarex should really put all their Umarex built firearms under a different brand name, if nothing else to than stop tarnishing one of the finest old names in the history of the firearm.

Badge engineering may work for General Motors, but it shure as hell isn't working for Walther.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I didn't see the vid, but I played with them at the NRA show.

It's no P99/PPQ by any stretch.

No, it's not.

PW/Umarex should really put all their Umarex built firearms under a different brand name, if nothing else to than stop tarnishing one of the finest old names in the history of the firearm.

Badge engineering may work for General Motors, but it shure as hell isn't working for Walther.

I'd agree with you there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Blitz please explain more about the CCP and the trigger. I was interested in this one for the wife. I assumed with the Walther name it would be quality stuff. Liked the fact it was single stack with easy slide making it great for a female  shooter. Also with the reduced recoil this sounded like the perfect weapon. You just burst my bubble. Please give more detail as I would rather have busted bubble than busted gun.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, the video that a member from Germany who has recently purchased one, showed that the trigger needs to be fully released to re-set.

The trigger pull is LONG and looks in no way like the pull of the PPQ or P99AS in single action.

If you don't retract the slide ALL THE WAY to the rear of its travel, it will not cock the striker, unlike the PPQ and P99AS which will cock the striker within about a quarter of an inch of travel, so it looks like you could chamber a round and if you didn't FULLY retract the slide, the gun would not be cocked and it would not fire.

Also, his BRAND NEW in the box straight from Umarex/Walther pistol is a mess.  It looks like it had a lot of rounds put down the pipe.

Go over to the Walther Forums and have a look around, that would be better than anything I can tell you.

This isn't an economical HK P7, don't even go there.  If it works, it will be nothing but an entry level gun for beginners.

If it works.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, the video that a member from Germany who has recently purchased one, showed that the trigger needs to be fully released to re-set.

The trigger pull is LONG and looks in no way like the pull of the PPQ or P99AS in single action.
View Quote

That's what the NRA show ones were like.  Not a heavy pull, but long and mushy with the sear releasing somewhere completely indistinct and then some overtravel on top of that.  The trigger return was extremely light and the trigger had to be completely released in order to reset.  The return was so light I questioned whether it would even be able to reset reliably if one was wearing gloves.  If the production ones are like the show ones I personally would not consider it suitable for a defensive pistol without a complete overhaul of the trigger system.

I'll put it this way.  I have less faith in this pistol than I did for the R51 when it was coming out, and we all saw how well that worked out.

What they need to do (IMO) is a "PPS M2", with the CCP grip, straight 8 round mag, better trigger and trigger pull and without the slide stop right under your thumb.  Maybe add some very minimal front serrations.  That wouldn't help the slide racking force though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, just saw video. That looked like a gun that had been fired a lot for sure. I watched video on you tube and that guy seem to have no trouble firing the CCP. I guess the search is on again for the wife. Thanks for sending me over to the other site.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Whenever the Umarex factory finishes its current contract batch of Happy Meal toys.

Seriously, really wanted to like this gun, but the manufacturer does not bode well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Atlanta area has them and they are on the WALTHER forums.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#28]
PSA has the CCP in stock now.  I hope the quality is the same as my PPQ but I have doubts now, if these are in fact made at their other facility.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, the CCP is built at the Umarex plant in Arnsberg, not the Walther plant in Ulm.

While I personally have no interest in the CCP, except as a technical exercise, I hope that Umarex has upped their game quality wise.

But I'd never ditch my PPS or P99c AS for one, and I sure would not be an early adopter, no matter how curious I am about it's operating system.

Give it a year is my advice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#30]
If you look at the Walther forums, I wouldn't be a happy camper.

Example of two separate guns posted over there. Brand new too...

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:58:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Wake me up when the single stack glocks comes
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
It's sad, as the Ulm built real Walthers have top shelf machining and finishes.

So sad.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's sad, as the Ulm built real Walthers have top shelf machining and finishes.

So sad.
View Quote

Its bad because the PR rep from Germany hoped on their trying to defend the gun/qc. Its right there in the evidence! I wouldn't be happy. My 91 W. German SIG P225 looks better than this CCP new!

I hope they make it right. The reviews so far are pretty good. Super accurate and comfy gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s449/spamphotobucket/toolwork9-Copy_zps807b1710.jpg
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/attachments/ccp/14951d1419173554-comparing-ccp-competitors-image.jpg
View Quote

That's a new production pistol?   I have seen rifles made in Germany in 1944, with fewer tooling marks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's a new production pistol?   I have seen rifles made in Germany in 1944, with fewer tooling marks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s449/spamphotobucket/toolwork9-Copy_zps807b1710.jpg
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/attachments/ccp/14951d1419173554-comparing-ccp-competitors-image.jpg

Yes sir. New production.

*edit*
Reports now of the striker spring breaking after 130+ rounds or so.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Any plans for a full-sized, double-stack magazine version?  

-the FIXED BARREL and recoil system are NOT currently available on Walther's other 9mm offerings.  Hence, the question about the CCP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top