Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2014 10:46:01 PM EDT
I ask because my Cabela's has PPQ M1 magazines in the Bargain Cave for $27 NIW.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  They cannot be interchanged between M1 and M2.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  They cannot be interchanged between M1 and M2.  
View Quote

Damn, I was gonna load up at that price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe P99s will fit the M1 but not the M2.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
This is true, as well as certain types of Magnum research magazines.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mm Full-size P99 mags will fit the full size 9mm PPQ M1...

So will the S&W SW99 9mm full-size mags...

So will the Magnum Research MAGFA915 (UPC 7 61226 08610 9).

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Forrest

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forrest

Precisely.

I have one of the Magnum Research mags for my PPQ M1 and it has worked perfectly.  No issues with it at all.  The two mags that came with my PPQ have been perfect and the 17 round PPQ mag that I have has been perfect.  My PPQ is a fantastic gun.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Note... The makers of Walther PPQ mags (Mec gar) also makes mags for the Century Arms Canik 55 TP9...The 18 round magazines fit, feed, and run in an m2 but not an m1. I own 5 myself and they're priced around 22$ Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Note... The makers of Walther PPQ mags (Mec gar) also makes mags for the Century Arms Canik 55 TP9...The 18 round magazines fit, feed, and run in an m2 but not an m1. I own 5 myself and they're priced around 22$ Enjoy.
View Quote

Have to be somewhat careful here...

Yes, the 9mm TP-9 mags will fit (and lock) in the PPQ M2.  

For the moment, I'll have to take your word about 'running' in a PPQ M2 because I haven't tried firing them in my PPQ M2.

However, the converse is not the case.  The Walther PPQ M2 mag will not lock up in the Canik-55 TP-9.  It can't be inserted quite far enough for the mag-catch to catch...

For what it's worth...

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The converse was never disputed... PPQ mags aren't long enough as the canik TP9 houses an 18 round cap mag. The PPQ, 15,16, or 17rd cap..the PPQ 17rd is nothing more than a plus 2 Walther floor plate on their 15rd mag whereas the 18rd canik mags are in fact longer...you dont have to take my word for it...youtube it or shell out the 20ish bucks and see for yourself before making unwarranted skeptical comments... THEY RUN IN YOUR M2... Could have just said thank you..in which my reply then and now would have only been "You're welcome" Good luck
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The converse was never disputed... PPQ mags aren't long enough as the canik TP9 houses an 18 round cap mag. The PPQ, 15,16, or 17rd cap..the PPQ 17rd is nothing more than a plus 2 Walther floor plate on their 15rd mag whereas the 18rd canik mags are in fact longer...you dont have to take my word for it...youtube it or shell out the 20ish bucks and see for yourself before making unwarranted skeptical comments... THEY RUN IN YOUR M2... Could have just said thank you..in which my reply then and now would have only been "You're welcome" Good luck
View Quote

I meant nothing negative about your post with my comments.

You might want to consider why you thought that I did...

I just wanted to make clear to those considering mags for both guns what the situation was (and wasn't expecting any thanks)...

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not trippin on it. They work. I use them. The OP wanted cheap M2 mags.. I let him know where to find some. I purchased mine at grabagun.com Currently OOS but that's my source. Hope it helps. Good luck
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not trippin on it. They work. I use them. The OP wanted cheap M2 mags.. I let him know where to find some. I purchased mine at grabagun.com Currently OOS but that's my source. Hope it helps. Good luck
View Quote

I did appreciate your comments, but was just clarifying a point that I thought needed to be clarified...

I got a couple of dozen of the 18rd 9mm TP-9 mags directly from Century Arms, where they are still listed as available for $24.87 each.

Of course, I got them when they first became available there (about a year and a half ago or so), which was before our current stupid 15rd mag law here in Colorado.

Continue to enjoy your PPQ M2.  I know that I do mine...

Forrest

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mmm inerseting... very interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top