Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2014 3:53:55 PM EDT
My dad's new PPQ will fail to go fully into battery every 5-7 shots. Is there a fix for this other than back to the factory?

WWB ammo (and a small mix of PMC) and it's almost like the casings are just slightly too long, or the chamber is slightly too short.

We've put maybe 200 rounds through it.

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Does this happen with multiple shooters?  I hate to say it, but poor grip can cause this type of failure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does this happen with multiple shooters?  I hate to say it, but poor grip can cause this type of failure.
View Quote

Came to post this

and

Was multiple magazines used as well experiencing the same problem?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe try some heavier ammo as well
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes happens with multiple shooters. My dad only owned a 1911 before this and I thought it was him, but I shot it and caused it to fail and my brother did as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Came to post this

and

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this

and

Yeah just 2 magazines were used and could replicate the problem.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe try some heavier ammo as well
View Quote

I'll try some heavier stuff this time. I'll make sure grip is not an issue as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Has there been any aftermarket parts installed in the Q? lighter springs, non oem rods, "recoil reducing rod spring combos" ect Is it a 40 or 9? Make sure whomever the shooter is...isn't limp wristing it. If no aftermarket parts were used and if a seasoned shooter with proper grip/ recoil management fires it and it fails to go into battery, contact Walther they'l get you sorted out. The grain of the round shouldn't matter. Mine runs like a sweat shop sewing machine with everything i feed it and iv'e all but melted the recoil assembly out of the gun. Is it a first or second hand gun? if second hand it may have had a decent amount of steel ran through it...which has a type of resin or lacquer coating on the casing that with extended use causes it to form tighter tolerances inside the chamber. Anyway a few things to check for. Good luck. Walther has great customer service and turn around times. All else fails send it in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has there been any aftermarket parts installed in the Q? lighter springs, non oem rods, "recoil reducing rod spring combos" ect Is it a 40 or 9? Make sure whomever the shooter is...isn't limp wristing it. If no aftermarket parts were used and if a seasoned shooter with proper grip/ recoil management fires it and it fails to go into battery, contact Walther they'l get you sorted out. The grain of the round shouldn't matter. Mine runs like a sweat shop sewing machine with everything i feed it and iv'e all but melted the recoil assembly out of the gun. Is it a first or second hand gun? if second hand it may have had a decent amount of steel ran through it...which has a type of resin or lacquer coating on the casing that with extended use causes it to form tighter tolerances inside the chamber. Anyway a few things to check for. Good luck. Walther has great customer service and turn around times. All else fails send it in.
View Quote

Hi, no aftermarket parts were installed. It is a 9mm. First hand gun from LGS. My dad ran the drop test and it seemed like it was ok. He's totally fine sending it back to Walther, I am sure they will figure it out. Thanks for everyone's help,.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hi, no aftermarket parts were installed. It is a 9mm. First hand gun from LGS. My dad ran the drop test and it seemed like it was ok. He's totally fine sending it back to Walther, I am sure they will figure it out. Thanks for everyone's help,.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean by ran the drop test?  Are you saying that you (he) dropped the gun from a known height, and now you wonder why it has issues?
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I suspect he means the "plunk" test.

Dropping a live round in the barrel to see if it fully seats without the help of the slide.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Send it back on warranty.

200 rounds should break in any pistol, even a 1911. I personally wouldn't of used 200 rounds to break in a striker fired pistol before sending it in.

As for guesses on whats wrong. I have a 1911 that had similar issues, they said it was a damaged barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top