Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2014 6:04:43 PM EDT
I daily carry a G27 and love that little gun until I bought a PPQ M1 9mm. Thinking about parking the G27 and getting a P99C AS 9mm. Any one had both? Please discuss.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I daily carry a G27 and love that little gun until I bought a PPQ M1 9mm. Thinking about parking the G27 and getting a P99C AS 9mm. Any one had both? Please discuss.
View Quote

I am assuming we are talking a 40 p99c correct?

I have to start by saying I am a certified glock hater and  27 is what did that.  

the p99 as is a near perfect pistol for a shooter with any ability to adapt and practice or any experience with a non glock.

it has basically 3 trigger pulls all vastly superior to the 27s single long creepy squishy pull. the p99 also does not have the safety internal trigger saftey  

1st pull- place mag, rack slide you now have a long smooth creepy 2 stage pull with a very crisp 2nd stage and a very clean break.- most unique pull of the 3

2nd pull with the trigger held back rack the slide and release the trigger it will reset this gives you a solid SA trigger with a short pull and crisp break

3rd basically  a da pull just push the decock button this is what you have a very long springy or spongy1st stage and the same quck stacjk 2nd stage.

the decock button is great so is the changable grip panels.

to go from trigger pull 3 to trigger pull 1 simply pull back the slide 1 mm and release the gun is now cocked then pull the trigger through the 1st stage to the 2nd stage stack then release the trigger it will stay leaving you with the short SA like pull.

the 27 is just a snappy glock that encourages limpwristing and jams

the only advantage the 27 has is mag price and availability.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a Glock 23 and prefer the P99; I also have a P99c and the compact's only problem is that the full size grip feels better to me. Glocks are Blocks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have put 1345 totally trouble free rounds through my 9mm 99c since January.  All types of JHPs and defensive ammo, in all the popular projectile weights.

It's accuracy, even with me shooting it, is amazing considering its short sight radius and my old eyes. The DA pull, while no S&W revolver from the custom shop, is still really good for a semi-auto, and the single action pull
is almost identical to the PPQ.

Another bonus is that by using Walther made grip sleeves, you can use the standard 15 and 17 round mags from the full size P99AS and PPQ M1.

My P99cAS sporting a standard 15 round mag and grip sleeve.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Guess I'll start looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes look for one. I have a P99 and I really like that pistol. It eats anything, is accurate as hell and the fit, finish and attention to details beats Glock hands down. I am not a Glock hater, in fact I own several. I wish Walther had chambered the P99 line in 357 Sig. That would have had me buying a couple in both sizes.

I classify my Walther with any of my HK's.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

H&K could take a lesson from Walther on what a good trigger is all about.

If my HK 45 had a trigger anywhere near as good as the one in my P5 or P99 it would be the best 45 ever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If my HK 45 had a trigger anywhere near as good as the one in my P5 or P99 it would be the best 45 ever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aint that the truth. I think Walther is one of the most underrated an overlooked brands on the market. As I stated, other than the caliber, they are some of my favorites. I will never get rid of my P99. Other have come and gone, but that keeps its place. Funny thing is, anyone who shoots my Walther almost instantly falls in love with it. Then comes the offer to buy and my refusal to sell.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
That mirrors my experience as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top