Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2014 5:19:26 AM EDT
Long story short, I scored a stainless walther/interarms PPK/S for a great price because it needs a new ejector.

My question is, are Walther/Interarms/S&W ejectors interchangeable?
And how difficult are they to install?

I don't know much about PPK's, just always wanted one and couldn't pass on the price. (about $275)
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
European made and American made Interarms will interchange.
I'm just not sure about the new S&W.

You might check with Earl's Walther.  He's the North American warranty and service center for Walther Germany, and may be able to tell you more.
I don't know if the repair the Interarms models or carry any parts.  Probably no stainless parts, but a carbon steel part from him would work.

http://www.carlwalther.com/

I just have no idea where you can buy a stainless part unless a S&W part will fit.
You might check with Jack First.
You might check with S&W/Walther and ask them if their parts will interchange and if they'll sell you one.

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/

There is apparently a new Walther USA distributor who offer PPK pistols.  They seem to have replaced S&W since Walther and S&W parted ways.  Check with them for parts:

http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppk/#.U7MZ7nLQcow

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info and links.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
They were only the importer, s&w never made them.  Only walther made them, they had to have a importer for them and they have changed importers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The S&W models were manufactured in a plant S&W built in Maine.
They were not imported from Europe, no Walther PP series pistols have been made in Europe for some years.

Since S&W and Walther have dissolved their relationship, Walther seems to have taken over the Maine plant from S&W.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]
He may sell you parts, but the last I knew Earl only worked on German made pistols.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Earl's Repair Service is a private company that purchases parts and firearms from distributors in Germany.

He as no affiliation with Carl Walther GMBH, or Walther Arms Inc.

That said if you really need a part and cannot find one anywhere else, they will have it, for a price.

And I am not bad mouthing Earl in the least.  When I need mags, parts, or accessories and can't get them from Walther, he has them and
I don't mind paying his price for something that I need NOW.  He as helped a lot of folks with older Walthers out.

It's worth a call.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
No affiliation at all with Walther?????
This from his web site:

Earl's Repair Service, Inc. is a Factory Direct Walther Representative in the U.S. as well as an Importer, Distributor, and Factory Authorized Service and Warranty Repair Center for Carl Walther GmbH products including all pistols, rifles, spare parts, and accessories manufactured in Ulm, Germany.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope.

The only factory authorised warranty and service in the US is Walther Arms Inc. in Fort Smith Arkansas.

http://www.waltherarms.com

Earl only covers the warranty on arms that he imports, which are not in the official factory import stream.

Before Walther Arms was Walther USA, the partnership with Smith and Wesson, and before that it was Interarms.

Earl is not part of the factory scheme in North America.

But as I said, he provides a good service to those with the now obsolete pistols (PP series, P5, etc...), but don't try to send your brand new Walther to him for warranty work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top