Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2014 12:21:27 PM EDT
I would like to get a full size pistol to go along with a PPS. Is the PPQ M2 the preferred full size gun from Walther?  It seems to have great reviews. Would a P99 or PPQ (M1) be better?  I prefer to buy new, not used. Next question, 4" or 5".  I'm leaning towards the 5".
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with an M1 for similiar manual of arms but ymmv.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What changes have been made between M1 and M2 besides the mag release?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Different mags too.  Not backwards compatible.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What changes have been made between M1 and M2 besides the mag release?
View Quote

The mag release and the M1 and M2 take a different magazine. I have both versions and like the M1 slightly better because of the paddle release.

BTW, the 5" doesn't come in a M1 version.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with an M1 for similiar manual of arms but ymmv.
View Quote

True story.  Except for the high bore axis, the 9mm PPQ M1 is damn-near perfect.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If I only had one to go with my PPS, I'd still have the P99 instead of the PPQ - and I have all three and like the PPQ a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top