Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 6:29:34 PM EDT
Ok, just installed these.  Very nicely finished.  Nice and bright and pistol points even better than it did.

However, the rear sight does not seem to fit properly to me.  It does not fit snugly in the dovetail at all.  I realize they can't be super tight, otherwise the stock style windage adjustment wouldn't work properly.  But I can grab the blade of the sight with my fingers and make it rattle from front to back.  It can't come off due to the design.  It just bugs me.

Is this normal?  Should I contact Trijicon or just forget about it?  I like them very much otherwise.  I don't remember the stocker having this kind of play in it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nermal.  Mine do the same and I don't worry about it since I've never noticed a degradation in accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nermal.  Mine do the same and I don't worry about it since I've never noticed a degradation in accuracy.
View Quote

Thank you.  Even though I still don't like it, that make's me feel better.  I contacted Trijicon and asked them the same question.  It may be within a tolerance they have to maintain, and that's why I asked.  Will see what they say if they get back to me.  It's not a deal breaker, just an irritation given how expensive they are.  Especially when the cheap stock plastic ones didn't rattle at all.  Maybe I'm being anal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these the standard Trijicon night sights, or the HD?  Curious as I'm looking to pick up a set of the HD's for my 5" PPQ.  I have a set on my G34 and love them.  Definitely no play in them like what you're seeing.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#4]
These are the standard night sights (WP01), green-green.

8 sec video

UPDATE:

A Trijicon rep responded to my email early this morning.  I applaud their quickness.  But that's about all the good I can say.

This is what I was told.

"Thank you for your inquiry. We have heard of this not fitting properly. You may send in the Night Sight in for inspection. Pending inspection, we can service them. After inspection, we will determine if the rear sight is within spec. Please follow the link to obtain a return authorization number http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/return_authorization.php. Allow 4-6weeks turnaround time. In the meantime, if we can assist you further please feel free to contact us."

So basically I can send it in so they can determine whether or not it fits  And they may or may not replace it.  And 4-6wk wait.  
I'm thinking as expensive as these things are I should get one sent out and a return label sent with it.  But I understand.  This is how it works and patience is a virtue.  I have no patience.
First Trijicon product.  Last Trijicon product.  I will never buy another product of theirs again.

UPDATE #2.

For those of you, however many it may be, that have had this similar problem I have found a solution that seems to work well.
I cannot stand waiting weeks on end for a product that may or may not be any better when it returns to me.  So I was going to fix this problem myself one way or another.
First I thought I would ditch the stock windage adjustment and use a drill press to drill through the top of the sight and add a set screw just like many other makers come with.
Then I thought It would be much trouble, and the end result may not be the "factory look" I desire.

I removed the rear sight.  Flipped it over.  The base of the sight is flat.  I took one drop of super glue, although you can use loctite, or whatever else you wish.  Drop that one drop on the base of the sight.  Let it cure/dry completely.  We're not trying to glue the sight on, just trying to make a shim.  Once that drop of glue dries you can test fit.  Mine was perfect.  I shoved the sight on with just a little effort and the sight is now rock solid.  If you do this yourself and it's too high you can sand just a little bit of your glue drop down.  What a difference a few thousandths makes.  Sight has no discernible movement whatsoever.

I hope this helps someone.  It really put me in a better mood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top