Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 8:39:22 PM EDT
So, I was in Cabelas today and saw a used 95% Walther P5 9mm.  It was gorgeous, but being Cabelas, I thought it might be overpriced.  They want $1230 for it.  When I asked them to deal, they said they would go down to $1130 on it.  However, the tax rate in that area is 10% so that's a killer.  I'm really just curious though, how much for a 95% Walther P5?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want to say way over priced maybe a few hundred (like $200)

To my understanding they weren't produced very long adding to a higher price
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't want to say way over priced maybe a few hundred (like $200)

To my understanding they weren't produced very long adding to a higher price
View Quote

It is in great condition, but I thought it was too high.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They were in the $800 range a few years ago IIRC.  I notice on GB that prices are back up, but I really have not paid that much attention to them over the last few years.  I still want a P88 but just can't justify the price for those either.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They were in the $800 range a few years ago IIRC.  I notice on GB that prices are back up, but I really have not paid that much attention to them over the last few years.  I still want a P88 but just can't justify the price for those either.
View Quote

Some used israeli police P88's are coming into the country.  I saw them somewhere for $499.

Let me see if I can dig up who has/had them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Some used israeli police P88's are coming into the country.  I saw them somewhere for $499.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
OP-if you're looking for one IM me.
3 sets of grips, factory, Hogue, Nill.
2 mags.
Box
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a former German Interior Ministry (BMI) P5 a couple years ago for $525.

Now anything under $800 and I would laugh at the offer.

They have skyrocketed in value this last year.

Oh, and check the prices on mags for them, if you can find them that is.

Great pistol though, so I don't think I'd sell it in any case.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
On gunbroker $750 - $1350.

The value of a thing is what that thing will bring. Watch prices for approximations.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#9]
it depends on the import mark a little interarms va marks are more desirable to some than the later marks.

Link Posted: 5/7/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
it depends on the import mark a little interarms va marks are more desirable to some than the later marks.

View Quote

It was Interarms
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd love to get one of the P5C's without the heel mag release.

Gratuitous internet P5C pic.

Link Posted: 6/12/2014 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#12]
You are talking very big money for a C.

They are quite rare.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#13]
The market was also flooded with surplus P5 guns a few years back thus the temporary price drop. Ever since the supply has drindled down the prices have been going back up. The P5 is a great pistol in the ranks of the Sig P210 and other high end European guns.

If you really want to see a rare P5C there were some released with military stock numbers etched into them. They were part of a government over run several years ago. Big money these days...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I would not take less than $2k for this one, NIB with all the papers and 3 mags. Interarms import. I also have one of the last import guns that came in as a shooter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top