Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2014 5:30:07 PM EDT
Stainless, supposed to be here Monday.
I've owned various clones over the years.

Anyone know a good place to buy extra magazines that actually has them in stock?

Also looking for IWB holster suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

View Quote

This one seems to work very well... Doubles as a pocket-holster if needed:

Desantis 111 Pocket-Tuk Pocket Holster Left Hand Natural SIG P232 111NBMAZ0 (#DSG111NBMAZ0)

(Left hand, in my case, because I tend to carry in my jacket's wallet-pocket, or small-of-back IWB - in both cases, a 'lefty' holster = a right hand draw)...

The holster is listed as fitting the PPK and (very similar) P232. It does fit the PPK quite well.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Bianchi Model 100s for some of my other pistols and I like them a lot.
I ordered a Bianchi 3S and I'll give that a try.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stainless, supposed to be here Monday.
I've owned various clones over the years.

Anyone know a good place to buy extra magazines that actually has them in stock?

View Quote

7rd blued .380 ppk/s mags here:

http://www.manventureoutpost.com/products/Mecgar-Mag-380ACP-7Rd-Blue-PPK%7B47%7DS-FR-MGWPPKSFRB.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.

Currently though, I'm waiting on a replacement pistol.
The 1st had a defective barrel.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Update:
2nd pistol arrived.  Barrel was in worse shape than the 1st one
2nd was missing lands for about 1/2" to 3/4" in front of the chamber.

Sending it back and getting something entirely different.
If I ever get another Walther I guess it will have to be German or Manhurin made.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm really sorry to hear that. My Interarms imported SS PPK has been, and continues to be, one of my favorite small CCW pieces ever. It is tough as nails, accurate, lightweight (for an all steel pistol), and has never once ever failed to fire or cycle properly unless it was a flaw in the ammo.

It really saddens me to hear that the later versions have been so pitifully produced.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The stainless steel Walther's were always produced in America.

Under Interarms license they were good guns.
Under S&W..... not so much, apparently.  Some people have really good one's, others have issues.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]
As much as it helps some people, because of the slide riding on the hand. The so called improvement from S&W looks hideous. Thank the heavens I bought the Interarms, just like my oldman did back in the day.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I just took my new to me PPK/S to the range today. 3" offhand groups at 15 yards were all too easy and hit to point of aim. It did chew up the webbing on my hand a bit though. I am now off to  fondle my new gun and watch Archer on Netflix!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
The "fix" for slide bite is to use a fine stone or some wet or dry sand cloth wrapped around a file or wood strip to lightly break the sharp edges on the rear of the slide.
I recommend lightly breaking the sharp edges inside and outside, and only on the area that can contact your hand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top