Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2014 4:35:45 PM EDT
I'm abit confused; I'm looking for the P99 model?

I've read that the Trijicon sets wobble alittle.  Is the consensus that the Meprolight set is the best?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Dawson sights for my Walther's.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Meprolights on mine because they were less expensive than the trijicon.

When I first installed them the front sight wobbled but it didn't have Loctite.

After I used the Loctite (use what meprolight suggested I want to say it Loctite 602 and had to order it online) It wouldn't move at all. Back sight doesn't use any Loctite.

All you will need in install is the Loctite a hex key to install the screw on the front sight and a small screwdriver to pop out the rear sight. Whole process took me around 3-5 minuets.

The set I got were for the P99
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 12:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that P99, PPQ and PPS can all use most of the same sights.  The PPS doesn't have the extra cut needed for the adjustable sights.  Some like to use smaller size PPS sights on the P99 or PPQ if it's for carry or whatnot.  Just something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a set of Meprolight night sights for my PPQ M1...

I have installed these Meprolight night sights on my P99QA and my PPQ M2.

On the P99, they went on fine as is...

On the PPQ M2, I had to take some material off the bottom of the front sight to get it to set stiffly on the slide.  I expect to have to do the same with my PPQ M1...

Having said that, I'm quite happy with the Meprolight night sights on my Walthers...

Forrest
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top