Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2014 4:33:38 PM EDT
Let me by start off by saying I have always owned firearms but have never carried one on my person.  So a holster other than one used on a range is a very new concept for me.

I know next to nothing about the in's and out's of holsters or designs and why they are or are not good.  So take this very quick micro review for what it is....one mans opinion.  Nothing more.

I decided to get my carry permit and decided I needed a good quality holster.  I won't bore you with my thinking or the rhyme and reasons on my choice.
Suffice it to say I own a Walther PPQ M2 model and a Crossbreed SuperTuc.  This is the first carry holster I've ever owned and the first IWB holster i've ever owned.
I love my Walther.  The PPQ M2 is my baby.  I love the gun.  I shoot it well.  They have taken a while to catch on much here, and therefore I did put in some research on my holster choices.

I decided to buy Crossbreed SuperTuc.  Mine is standard no options other than the horsehide leather option.  
It just came in today.  This is the first time I've worn a holster IWB.  Might I say I am very impressed.  I was very worried it would be uncomfortable and cumbersome.  I was worried about a long, arduous breaking-in process where I would have to become "used to" wearing the holster.  I could not have been more wrong.

First of all the gun and holster fit as if they are married as one piece.  The retention is perfect.  Slides in and out very smooth with just the right amount of effort.  You can turn the holster upside down and shake it and the gun stays in retention.  But when drawing there is no drag or hiccups of any kind.  Re-holstering is just as easy.  I have mine behind my right hip.  Therefor, I cannot really see the holster.  I can reach back and un-holster or re-holster on feel alone, with little effort.

Second, the holster is comfortable.  As I type this at my desk I am wearing this holster and hardly notice.  No pinching, binding, or chaffing.  It's brand new.  I've only worn it for about 2hrs.

As summary, only time will tell if my initial impressions warrant such a warm fuzzy feeling.  So far I'm impressed.  I cannot comment on durability or anything else at this moment as my time with it has been very limited.  So far I'm happy.  I don't know if this helps anyone looking for one or not.  I realize my opinion is inferior to someone with much more experience than I.  However, I assume if I'm this happy and comfortable this quickly with no acclimation then the guys at CrossBreed must have done their jobs well.

If anyone has any questions or comments I will be glad to try and answer them.  Very impressed!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been wearing a Crossbreed for about 4 years now.  The only compliant that I have about the Crossbreed is that it likes to move around and that if you choose the horsehide(I did) it will start squeaking.  As far as comfort and retention; comfort is a A+ and retention is a A.

I plan on getting a PPQ in the near future and I plan on either a milt sparks versa max or brigadeholsters M-11.  If pressed I would go back to Crossbreed, I would choose the cowhide model w/ the combat cut.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been wearing a Crossbreed for about 4 years now.  The only compliant that I have about the Crossbreed is that it likes to move around and that if you choose the horsehide(I did) it will start squeaking.  As far as comfort and retention; comfort is a A+ and retention is a A.

I plan on getting a PPQ in the near future and I plan on either a milt sparks versa max or brigadeholsters M-11.  If pressed I would go back to Crossbreed, I would choose the cowhide model w/ the combat cut.

Hope this helps.

View Quote

I cannot comment on your holster options as I have no knowledge of them.  You have far more holster knowledge than I.  I really like the Crossbreed so far.

I can comment on the PPQ.  You will absolutely love it if you like fine handguns with good capacity, great ergonomics, and a fantastic trigger.  It is far and away the best all-around handgun I've ever owned.  Everyone that has handled or fired mine has wanted one.  I cannot fathom how anyone who bought one would be disappointed.  Excellent weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top