Link Posted: 2/11/2014 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
No .45s listed on their website.
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W 99
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Their former Marketing VP came on the WaltherForums asking about what we thought of a .45 Walther.

So I suspect they are thinking about it.

I also suspect that even if the powers that be in Ulm say "In ordnung", it will be at least 3 years out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
S&W 99
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
With the experience of the S&W 99 already existing, I would think it wouldn't be all that involved to make a PPQ 45.

They'll probably try to rework it into an M2 version though  They need to stop listening to the clueless on youtube that pass for "firearms journalists" nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a SW99 years ago.  That thing was a POS and I'm happy to be rid of it.  Inaccurate, slide always failed to lock back when empty, trigger sucked and the grip to barrel was all kinds of out of proportion making it looks just a tad odd as well.  It's only saving grace these days is that being a very short run ever made, I suppose they may have some collector value like an Edsel car I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#7]
The lack of a PPQ in .45acp is the only reason I don't have another Walther in my collection. Typically though, bumping up to a .45 platform usually requires a complete redesign so i wouldn't hold my breath. I think it would sell a lot of Walthers in the U.S. market.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lack of a PPQ in .45acp is the only reason I don't have another Walther in my collection. Typically though, bumping up to a .45 platform usually requires a complete redesign so i wouldn't hold my breath. I think it would sell a lot of Walthers in the U.S. market.
View Quote

if they could incorporate the ergonomics and the excellent trigger, they'd have a surefire winner.  especially with the 5" option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top