Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2014 9:34:03 PM EDT
I've always preferred the .380 ACP round to the 7.65mm/.32 ACP round, but I like the PP and I found a very nice Manhurin 7.65mm PP in a local pawnshop this afternoon for $349 and worked a box of 71 gr FMJ into the deal, so I found it impossible to resist.

It was dirty but appeared to have been fired very little. Once I got it home the bore cleaned up to excellent mirror bright condition with sharp rifling and no signs of rust or staining in the bore. The bluing is about 90% intact on the breech face, there is only very minor wear on the extreme rear of the frame rails with the bluing intact on the rest of the rails, and the bluing on the hammer face is about 70% intact showing only minimal wear from the slide cocking the hammer, giving me the impression is has in fact been fired very little and hand cycled more frequently than fired.

There is a very small area of holster wear on each side of the pistol on the extreme front of the slide (visible in the pictures) and there are a couple of very small stained areas under the grips as well as some bright spots where the grips have rubbed on the frame, but externally the bluing is otherwise in excellent condition and the other "scratches" in the pictures are just lint.

Based on the serial number it appears to have been made around May 1960.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2014 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, I need some peanut butter for all my jelly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice find at a nice price.
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice find at a nice price.
View Quote

Nice find.  I wish it was mine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Same pistol cleaned up and with wood grips.  Given that the French made plastic grips are both thin and known to crack, I've taken them off and put them in storage and added a set of Herret wood grips for actual shooting.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
That is beautiful.  I want it.  WIll you sell it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is beautiful.  I want it.  WIll you sell it?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Manurhin makes good Walther PP's. I got this one several years ago for $249 from Centerfire Systems, which in todays money would likely be about what you paid.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking PPs!

CD
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up another one last week.   A 1960-61 PP with a JW ("Justiz Wein") serial indicating it was formerly a pistol purchased by the Federal Ministry of Justice in Vienna Austria.

It's in almost identical condition to the other one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
As you are discovering, they are an addiction.

And a good investment.

And good shooters too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top