Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'll have to wait until I get a 5" spring to see if it works in mine before I can send it in. Maybe they'll see something obvious in your gun that will cause them to  have another idea by then, though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Update now my gun works.

I took it to the range today and shot about 300 rounds through it unsuppressed. I figured it's going back to Walther, I'll put wear and tear on their gun. Before packing up I decided to load up a mag and try the can. I used the 17 rounder and I got through the whole mag.

This was using the original spring, not the red one. I was able to induce a malfunction if my support thumb rode the slide even a hair. Otherwise I put another 4 or 5 mags through it suppressed with no issues. Maybe with the red spring I wouldn't have the thumb induced malfunction but at this point it's working so I'm leaving it alone.

My fuly functioning PPQs
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So, are you saying the gun needs to be broken in unsuppressed? I just used an AAC Ti-Rant 45, Silencerco Osprey 40, Liberty Infiniti, Gemtech Multimount and an AAC Ti-Rant 9 yesterday and got at least a 90% failure rate on my unmodified Navy SD yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
slipjet PM sent
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
So it was just breaking it in, huh?
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I forgot to mention I swapped strikers from my standard M2 with the heavier striker in the Navy. The Navy has a blue striker, I swapped it with the white striker from my standard. That and a bunch of rounds did the trick for me, not the lighter recoil spring. And for whatever reason it seems to function better with full mags. Maybe the stiffer mag springs help avoid the issue. Before I'd only load 4 or 5 rounds before trying. Weird I know. I'd try a regular striker if the 5" spring doesn't work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]

The rep I talked to at Walther asked what can and ammo I was using they want to do some testing to duplicate the problem. Maybe they got a can? Anyway his name is Kyle and his email is [email protected] Send him what suppressor you have and what ammo you used while experiencing this malfunction. I'm really glad they are working in this, kudos for them.

ETA: if you haven't emailed Kyle please do ASAP. They really want to get to the bottom of this, to their credit I'd ad.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
anybody know of any M1 Navys?
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]
There are no M1 Navys. There are the First Edition PPQs, you need to look on Gunbroker for those. Walther is only making the M2 Navy. The First Edition has the paddle, threaded bbl and night sights.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top