Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2013 7:46:43 AM EDT
Some folks have asked you I am making a thread with pics. I used the YHM adapter, but many different companies make them. Here are some:

Here are the pics of the process of putting suppressor on. Screw off original thread protector which is flush with barrel. Screw on adapter which provides a .5x28 thread for 22lr silencer. Screw on silencer. Quiet time! Hope this helps. Also, mine has only 150 rounds through it, and has been flawless. I  think that if you clean it regularly that it will continue to perform perfectly, at least with the one I have.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Got over 400 rounds through mine without a cleaning and still running strong...

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What I need confirmation  is whether the Crimson Trace Laser grips for the PPK/S will work on it.

CTC cannot confirm nor do they have an example.

Link Posted: 3/24/2013 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
so is this basically the same gun as the p22/mosquito/m&p22?

that sleeved barrel and clamshell construction seems to be common on all of them, im thinking they're all pretty much the same.

I was hoping for a re-release of the older ppk .22lr
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What I need confirmation  is whether the Crimson Trace Laser grips for the PPK/S will work on it.

CTC cannot confirm nor do they have an example.

My CT Laser Grips for the PPK/S will not fit the new pistol.

Link Posted: 3/30/2013 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
so is this basically the same gun as the p22/mosquito/m&p22?

that sleeved barrel and clamshell construction seems to be common on all of them, im thinking they're all pretty much the same.

I was hoping for a re-release of the older ppk .22lr

Not sure if it is exactly like the other Umarex made .22s, but it is made by Umarex in Arnsberg, not Walther in Ulm, so I'm sure there are many design similarities.

Not sure about the grips, we do know the mags are not the same as real PPK/S mags.

Lots of folks were hoping for a real, all steel, PPK/s .22, but if that were the case it would be at least $200 more, and worth every penny of that.

*EDIT*

Thanks for that confirmation about the grips.

Link Posted: 5/1/2013 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone know if ANY aftermarket PPK/S grips will fit the new Walther PPK/S in .22lr?
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]
NO.

It's not a PPK/S, it's a PPK/S replica.

Gotta keep that straight.

It is in no way related to the real Walther PP series pistols, other than it is made
by a company from the same conglomerate (PW Group) that owns Walther, and hence can
put the Walther logo on anything made by the parent firm.

Sorry, but those are the facts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NO.

It's not a PPK/S, it's a PPK/S replica.

Gotta keep that straight.

It is in no way related to the real Walther PP series pistols, other than it is made
by a company from the same conglomerate (PW Group) that owns Walther, and hence can
put the Walther logo on anything made by the parent firm.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

Generally, I do agree with you on this. Certainly the plan from the outset with these firearms was to repackage the P22 system in a different exterior. I will say however, that the overall operation of these new rimfire PPK/S is actually pretty similar to the original PP series. By this I mean that the guns are still fixed barrel straight blowback operated and disassemble pretty much the same way as an original PP. I guess in this sense I would argue that the new PPK/S is related in some ways to the original, even if the build quality is not as high.
Link Posted: 5/1/2013 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I was crazy excited about this until the whole umarex bit.

Umarex quality is depressing as is well known, and a real steel version would be a wonderful thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top