Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 6:26:58 PM EDT
I am looking for a small revolver, its intended use will be CCW, and I was comparing the Ruger SP 101 3 1/16” against the Taurus 605 SS in 2”.  I think I will get the 605, but I wonder if this is really a "pocket gun" or a "IWB", I have never seen one, and my local FFL does not carry any, I have to pay for it and then he will order one, and if I don't like it, that is too bad; as I do not want to get stuck with a gun I don’t like, not to mention all the crap that I have to go through in order to get a hand gun purchase order from the Police, could you please add some and or give your opinion, Please. I am looking for feed back on reliability, accuracy, is it well made? Etc.

Thank you.

P.S   Will not buy or consider any *&* revolver.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the exact model 605 your asking about.  I like it a lot.  Shoots good, looks good and feels good.  I usually only shoot .38 Special in mine.  .357 mag is a bit rough on my wrists.  It is very similar to the S&W model 60.  Get the Taurus, you will like it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh!, thanks Paco, I have ordered one, will be here by Wed, but won't pick it up until Saturday, will post pics ASAP.

Thank you again for your input.
Carlos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top