Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2016 6:24:56 PM EDT
Decided on the TCP over the bodyguard and LCP II.  Got it for a good price. I don't have the opportunity to get to the range until next Saturday.  It is a D series.  Once I got the pistol home, I did a good detailed cleaning.  First thing I noticed was the slide lock hitting the rounds.  Grabbed the jewelers files and rounded the edge.  

The barrel on this thing looked like unpolished aluminum.  I grabbed the mothers and went to work. Nice and shiny now.  Feed ramp was also unpolished and needed some work.  I took a little emery cloth and then lots of mothers to polish it up.

No problem now getting the rounds to chamber and I am looking forward to getting to the range next weekend.

One thing, the slide release requires some serious strength at first.  Once I got things cleaned and oiled up, it is much better, but still hard.

I will post an update next weekend on how it performs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Just bought one as well! I couldn't pass it up at $199 plus tax... I intend to get a few rounds through it this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I just grabbed my second one for $165 OTD at Cabelas.  Detail stripped it and polished up the trigger mechanism on Tuesday.  Much better now.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
200 rounds of WWB FMJ today. No FTF or FTE, Promag extra mag is shite and will be ordering 2 more Taurus mags.  It will not hold the slide back even though it has the indent on the mag.  Not worried at all about using this as a pocket carry for those trips to Wally World.

I doubt it would have ended this well without doing the slide lock filing, and polishing the ramp and barrel.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Promag extra mag is shite and will be ordering 2 more Taurus mags.
View Quote

Mec-Gar makes em for this gun now.  $14.95 each at Greg Cote LLC
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Never had a failure, but the way I hold it  drops the mag often.

As does drawing from most holsters.

Needs a mag fence of sorts.

But Ive trained around it for now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been carrying my C series for a while now.
Same size as a Colt PocketLite.
Snappy little fucker but haven't had any problems with it.
Only Issue was with a ProMag extended mag. Wouldn't feed reliably but I think it was designed for an earlier version.
I put a Hogue condom on it for a better grip and smoothed the seam around the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one for a while but it just didn't fit my hand.  I kept engaging the mag release and dropping the mag or inducing malfunctions when shooting it.  A couple range trips later it was posted for sale.  Not a bad gun, but not ok for Me
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thought about getting one but the LGS was running PT709 SLims for $180.00.  Couldn't pass up that deal.  Maybe get the TCP next time.
Just an FYI, about 100 rounds in and had one stove pipe.  I wrote it off to my grip.  I'm used to full size autos and might have had a funky grip.  Or it could just be new.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered one on clearance a couple of weeks ago for $159.  A woman at the FFL I use had bought one and showed it to me and I was real impressed with the trigger, especially compared to the original LCP I used to own.

I took it to the range last weekend and had absolutely no problems with, but I only shot about 2 50-round boxes of ammo through it.  It's not going to replace what I am carrying now but I think it will make a nice back-up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked one up this week for $162.50 out the door.  Only detriment is that it has a pink frame.  Who cares; right?  The thing shoots great.  I have a second mag coming from Mecgar and already have a pocket holster for it.  The only thing I can find to poo poo on it is the damn color.  That said, if I ever need it for personal defense, I will heckle the SOB with the fact he or she was shot with a pink gun.

This is the third Taurus pistol I have owned and have yet to have a single issue with any of them.  For the money I am happy with Taurus.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Detail strip it and toss it in a pot of RIT dye for an hour or so at 170*.  You can dye it black for a few bucks.  Dudes do it all the time with pink Witness frames and P MAGS
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I cant believe how cheap those are now, $139.99 shipped. Had to pick up another just because.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top