Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2016 12:12:08 AM EDT
We are cleaning out my grandparents house and found an old PT908 my grandmother bought in about '94-95... It's in the box unfired. My 20 year old cousin that lives in another state will be getting it. She lives in another state and I don't see her more than about once a year. We're these discontinued? Any decent holsters available? Any mags fit these besides Taurus 908 mags?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#1]
why aren't you getting it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, they are discontinued. They were replaced by the 800 series with the polymer frame.
That one has an 8 round mag I think. I had a PT945 that was a good gun, accurate, not picky about ammo, decent trigger, but it hammer bit me bad. Mags are still around but a bit pricey.

Nice find.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My cousin is in her early 20s and likes guns but she only has like a deer rifle and a .22

She'll put it to good use! I just wish I could help her find a semi decent holster for it since it's kind of an odd ball. Maybe something for a Sig 225 would fit?

I can live with out my grandmother's pt908, I am more interested in getting my grandads 85. He carried it most every day, but it I don't get it I am not going to cry. I have the memories with him. It's not like it was ever a gun I lusted after like my other grand fathers Pre 64 model 70 and model 94. This grandfather was more utilitarian in his gun and tool purchases. I am getting some of his old Barlow knives, an old Shrade Old Timer lock blade. I was also able to snag his Louis Lamour paper back collection.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:52:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Might check to see if it's on the recall list.  I'm not familiar w/ the estate rules, but my guess is it will have to go through an FFL, your cousin being a resident of a different state.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might check to see if it's on the recall list.  I'm not familiar w/ the estate rules, but my guess is it will have to go through an FFL, your cousin being a resident of a different state.
View Quote

Correct. I'll look for recalls.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answers you seek are here.  http://www.taurusarmed.net/  The source for all things Taurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top